• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Sears Kenmore Washer (WLP Made) Model 110.28062800 Leaking

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
I can see the water leaking in the videos but that's about it. Here's the thing, if you can't tell where the leak is coming from and you're right there, there's no way we can tell miles away from a video. The only thing you can do is use the process of elimination. If the leak is not from the pumps or hoses on the pumps it must be coming from the center tub seal. It might be time to cut your losses and get a new machine. It's way past its useful life. Today the life expectancy of a washer is 6-8 years. Yours is 13 years old so it doesn't owe you anything.
Thanks Rick. My uncle called me from Lowe's. He is there buying a new machine. I told him anything WLP branded should be OK. He asked about Samsung and I said, "Stay far away". Looks like old Clydev is going to the retirement home. I might try to flip the parts for him. It was worth a shot. Thanks.

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I think you are vote number 2 for putting ole Clyde in the retirement home. Lol.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Poncho, I do agree with Rick 100% about retiring it.:)

Jake

Ponchoguy

Premium Member
I can see the water leaking in the videos but that's about it. Here's the thing, if you can't tell where the leak is coming from and you're right there, there's no way we can tell miles away from a video. The only thing you can do is use the process of elimination. If the leak is not from the pumps or hoses on the pumps it must be coming from the center tub seal. It might be time to cut your losses and get a new machine. It's way past its useful life. Today the life expectancy of a washer is 6-8 years. Yours is 13 years old so it doesn't owe you anything.
New Maytag on order at Costco, about $800.