FIXED Sears Oasis Dryer Error Code PF

MikeGG

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Sears/Kenmore Oasis dryer model 110.68062801 that displays error code PF as soon as you try to start it. I have checked the circuit and am getting the proper voltage at the outlet. I have left it unplugged for a while to let it reset but it the error continues as soon as you try to start it. The panel appears to work correctly and you can hear the motor begin to start and it shuts down immediately and displays error PF. I have searched on here and other sites and have found similar issues with other appliances but can find nothing on this model on how to properly reset it and where to begin trouble shooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Check for power idle and with someone starting the unit....a loose/burnt main power wire could check ok with no load and fail as soon as the unit trys to draw power and run.

jeff.

MikeGG

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the circuit all the way to the breaker panel, dry cord, outlet, breaker and ground. I am getting 110 on both legs and 220 across. I removed and inspected this board visually and made sure all of the connecters were seated properly. I hate to just start swapping parts on this thing but there is no way for me to test the boards. Thanks for your help. Any suggestions?

jeff1

Staff member
I checked the circuit all the way to the breaker panel
Static and under a load?

I removed and inspected this board visually and made sure all of the connecters were seated properly. I hate to just start swapping parts on this thing but there is no way for me to test the boards
Tech sheet may help.

jeff.

Attachments

MikeGG

Premium Member
Thanks so much, Jeff. I searched for any technical guides for this dryer and could only find the user's manual. This is really going to help me. I'll let you know what I find.

MikeGG

Premium Member
Turned out to be the breaker. I checked each leg of the circuit under load and one side would drop to 50v when the dryer was started. I replaced the breaker and all is well. Thanks for your help and the diagnostic guide. I hope I never need it. :)

jeff1

Staff member
Check for power idle and with someone starting the unit
I checked each leg of the circuit under load and one side would drop to 50v when the dryer was started.
Good catch, we see this once in a while!

jeff.