Sears Service Sucks

Kenmore Oven

I have a Kenmore wall oven that is 5 years old. The display on the oven has been going out and now it will not shut off. I signed up with Sears to come out and fix it under their $129 cost plan where they don't charge you more than that no matter how long it takes to fix it.

I gave sears the exact model number and issue. The repair guy shows up and doesn't even have the parts to fix it. He then tells me that it will cost more to fix it than I paid for the entire oven. The real kicker is that he tells me that I have to take the oven out of the wall myself or I have to sign a waiver holding sears harmless if they damage the wall because of where the tile is. Sears INSTALLED the oven in the first place without making me sign anything; but they can't fix it without signing my rights away.

When I called to complain to Sears customer service, they were very rude. They told me that sears repair wasn't the same as sears installation and whatever the tech says, goes.

Don't buy from Sears if you ever expect that your appliance will need repair. Your better off getting if from somewhere else with the understanding that you'll just have to throw it away if it breaks.

SearsCares

Banned
SearsCares

Dear Kenmore Oven,

I found your post here and wanted to reach out to you. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I'm so sorry to hear your Kenmore wall oven failed. I know that being without an oven is incredibly difficult and frustrating. I'd also like to apologize for your being unhappy with the way your appointment was handled. Our techs, despite having model information, cannot pre-order parts for a problem without first examining and diagnosing the problem in person; that is Sears policy. Also, Sears does contract out our installation jobs, therefor it's entirely possible that the private contractors may not require a damage waiver as Sears own repair technicicans do in some cases. Nevertheless, we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the oven was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Kenmore Oven) in the email so we can reference to your case.
<O:p> </O:p>
Thank you,<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
<O:p>Scott J.</O:p>
Sears Cares<O:p></O:p>