SEC302 Thermador double wall oven - randomly shuts off when baking

Air Cooled

Premium Member
Model
SEC302
Brand
Thermador SEC302 double wall oven will randomly shut off when baking.

Both the upper and lower ovens will randomly shut off when I am trying to cook something.

The clock and control panel work normally but I occasionally get fault code F-64.

F-64, as near as I can tell, seems to indicate there is a problem with the air sensor / fan switch located in one of the blower motors.

I think older ovens had a air sensor / paddle in the sheet metal of the exhaust air duct and the newer models, like mine, have a sensor built into the exhaust fans.

I originally thought I should replace both the upper and lower blower motors (which have the air sensors built into them, I think) but it may be a control board issue since both sensors seem to be having a problem and it seems unlikely that they would both go bad at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

Air Cooled

Premium Member
Sorry, I meant to indicate this oven is MORE than 10 years old.

Dont know how to edit my previous post.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brian,

I fixed your first post for you.

Unfortunately Jeff, Rick, and myself have little to no experience working on Thermador products.

So hopefully another tech, that works on these day in and day out, can shed some light on the problem with yours.

Other than that, you'll likely need to have a authorized Thermador tech come out to see what's going on.

Jake