Serious Problem with this washer!

Faronth

Premium Member
Just had the Sears repairman look at our washer, model # 41748102701, the design is poor, the belt turning the drum is eating into the drum which created a $700 repair estimate. I don't about the others that purchased this "Lady Kenmore" but, I can't afford a new front load washer every two years! We didn't pay $700 for it NEW! We previously had a low end Aaron's Furniture Washer and Dryer (cost around $500) at least it lasted over 8 years and was working when we replaced it with this "Lady Kenmore" defect.

Main purpose of this post, if your washer starts to make a strange noise, when running, almost sounds like ball bearings going bad, it is probably the belt rubbing into your drum. You can save $129 by not having the Sears Repair dude come out and let you know you need to buy a new machine. Oh yeah, if he comes to deliver the bad news, it still cost $129 for doing nothing.

After 3 phones calls with Sears to see if there was a recall due to design flaw, they gladly told me it was made by Frigidaire, so it's not their problem.

SearsCares

Banned
Faronth,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I'm very sorry to hear that your repair has not gone as you expected. Putting myself in your shoes I would not blame you for being upset. My name is Brian H. with Sears Cares and I would like to help. I would like to get you in touch with one of our personal case managers who will assist you in getting any concerns you have with Sears resolved. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Faronth) in the email so we can reference to your case. Again, I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused but we do appreciate any opportunity to help.<o:p></o:p>
Thank you,<o:p></o:p>
Brian H.<o:p></o:p>
Social Media Moderator<o:p></o:p>
Sears <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:personName>Social Media Support</st1:personName>

Faronth

Premium Member
Thank you Brian H for your response,

Just to let you know, I did go to our local Sears Store, I talked to David an appliance salesman, he said he had a problem with a Washer he and his wife purchased. It happens. He had the four year extended warranty, but said though his washer was less than three years old, repair finally ended up replacing just about everything but the outside shell. He said it took several trips and breakdowns to finally get it fixed. He said if it was any consolation, he didn't receive any special treatment just because he was a Sears employee. So, I guess the moral of the story, is to buy a Maytag, which comes with a 10 year limited parts warranty, with the additional four year complete extended warranty, providing five years of no matter what coverage. I am pressed for time, so I had to purchase a new washer for my family, my job takes me out of the country for over four months, I deploy today.

Thanks again Brian H. I do appreciate you reading and replying to my comments, at least it helped to vent. I guess everyone gets a lemon sometimes.