• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Service manual request for GE Monogram Dishwasher Model ZBD6900P10II

rporonga

Premium Member
Model Number
ZBD6900P10II
Brand
GE
I am trying to troubleshoot a GE Monogram Dishwasher Model ZBD6900P10II (approximate year is 2008). It fills and drains water fine, but the wash pump never turns on. I believe that if left long enough it will attempt to complete the cycle by opening the soap door and heating at the end (but I have not checked for long enough to see all this, relying on my wife here). There is no voltage going to the wash pump (other than minor spikes that are barely registered in the digital volt meter when something happens through the cycles).
Before buying and replacing the control board (which is expensive), I'd like to do more troubleshooting. I could not find the proper service manual. Other service manuals state that the diagnostic mode is entered by pressing cycle+start for 5 seconds, but I don't have a cycle button. I have a cycle select section of the control panel with up and down triangles to go up and down through the 5 options. I tried using either of the up or down triangles with start for 5 seconds, but the LED's don't blink or stay on as they are supposed to.
While troubleshooting I found a lot of fiber-like debris clogging the plastic filter (which required removing with 2 spatulas). I cleaned this and the wash pump, which turns when applying 110V when dry. I don't know if this debris may have made their way to some other part and that could be part of the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:

Here's the tech sheet:

Attachments

• ZBD6900 tech sheet.pdf
    333.9 KB · Views: 27

rporonga

Premium Member
Thank you for the information. I tried to enter into relay check mode with the tech sheet, but it did not work. I think they changed the design and my model is newer. The pictures look different. For example the sump filter looks like this:
Also, the cables connecting to the wash motor/pump are different color. The tech sheet states they are orange and grey, but my dishwasher has blue and white (or beige).
Thank you for the pointer to the controller. Since it costs $260, before buying it I wanted to check that no other sensor is preventing the motor from being powered, or that there is no broken cable. Getting to the relay check mode would be very useful. Unfortunately, I cannot find any tech manual with the proper key sequence for my dishwasher.