SF310BEGW Whirlpool super capacity 465 oven not working. Repair Manual

JSPerdomo

Premium Member
Model Number
SF310BEGW
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello, I have a Whirlpool super capacity 465 oven. This is a gas model with an electronic ignition, the cook top works fine but the oven all of a sudden will not work at all.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Jerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I would first check for 120 volts at your oven glow bar, you will need a multimeter.

Here is a similar thread: FIXED Whirlpool SF395LEEQ0 - Oven not lighting

Just dis-connect it and put your volt meter probes in the 2 red wires side and turn on your oven, if 120 volts is present, then your oven glow bar is bad.

Here is the repair manual for your model: Dropbox - 4322089 Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Freestanding Gas Electric Ranges.pdf

Here is the troubleshooting flow chart as well for these models: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/DSI_manual.pdf

Here is your glow bar in case you need to order it:
Whirlpool 4342528 Oven Bake and Broil Igniter

Jake

JSPerdomo

Premium Member
Hey Jake I did what you said and I am getting a reading of 118, so it appears as I will have to replace the glow bar. Also when I was testing this I made a dumb move on my part one of the volt meter probes slipped out of the oven connector without think I putting it back in and blew a fuse at the breaker box, after resetting the breaker :mad: (and cursing at my self) I checked again and now I am only getting a reading from one of the red wires so I think I might have fused the connector on the long red wire that connects the glow bar to the dial. Can I order both of these items from you or do you have a link I can access? Thanks.

Jerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't understand how it tripped the breaker? If a meter probe falls out and you put it back in it shouldn't trip the breaker, unless it touched your metal range chassis.

Just order the glow bar, that should take care of it.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good JS.:)

Keep us posted.

Jake

JSPerdomo

Premium Member
Hey Jake, the glow bar arrived today and I installed it, but the oven is still not working. Also when I switch the oven on I am not getting the gas hiss.
Thanks for the help,
Jerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
They changed to the round ones now on this model.

It should work, check again if you are getting 120 volts at your glow bar.

Does the glow bar glow orange?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd, You said it was 118 volts before. I wonder if it has something to do with whatever sparked on your meter probe?

Jake

JSPerdomo

Premium Member
Thats odd, You said it was 118 volts before. I wonder if it has something to do with whatever sparked on your meter probe?

Jake
The glow bar was bad before, But now looks like it isn't getting enough voltage. What would cause this?

Jerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Also when I was testing this I made a dumb move on my part one of the volt meter probes slipped out of the oven connector without think I putting it back in and blew a fuse at the breaker box, after resetting the breaker :mad: (and cursing at my self) I checked again and now I am only getting a reading from one of the red wires so I think I might have fused the connector on the long red wire that connects the glow bar to the dial.
This may have something to do with it, since it was getting 118 volts before.

You might have shorted out your oven thermostat.

Jake

Abeyers

I recently had this problem with my Whirlpool oven and after reading the tech sheet that it comes with I had come to the conclusion it was the oven regulator valve. Its simple to see if that's the problem. Get a multimeter and set it to Ohms and check your terminals connections on the regulator valve. Underneath your oven behind your appliance drawer you will see where your gas lines go into the oven. There will be three wires facing you. The middle is your home, top is broiler, and bottom is oven. If you do not get the same readings from both or if you get no reading on the broiler and a reading on oven than it is a bad regulator and they cost about 100 bucks. They are really easy to replace just make sure you have some pipe tape or something to reseal the gas line from the house to the oven and a pipe wrench and make sure your gas is turned off and oven unplugged before doing any of that!

Good luck!

DoubleR

my oven started working funny about 2 weeks ago...during preheat it waits till about 1 minute left then ignites...and with a very week flame. Ignitor coil seems to be working fine. Just appears that not enough gas flow is going to the oven burner. Any help with this issue? Same Whirlpool Super capacity 465

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
my oven started working funny about 2 weeks ago...during preheat it waits till about 1 minute left then ignites...and with a very week flame. Ignitor coil seems to be working fine. Just appears that not enough gas flow is going to the oven burner. Any help with this issue? Same Whirlpool Super capacity 465
Ok, we need the model number of yours. And are you on Natural gas or LP gas?

Click here: Appliance Parts at RepairClinic. 125 Brands. 365 Day Returns.

Then you will see a link that says: Help me find my model number.

Jake

Cindi

Premium Member
Hoping someone can help. We replaced the igniter on our oven about 2 months ago. It worked great for a while and about a week ago it started messing up. Comes on and lights but doesn't reach the temp. Can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Cindi

Premium Member
OK the model # is SF305PEEW and it is a propane stove. I am not certain if that first letter is an S or a 6.

Thanks Cindi