FIXED SF362LXSY0 oven won't light top burners work

cipra

Premium Member
Model Number
SF362LXSY0
Brand
Whirlpool
My oven igniters won't click but when I press button for bake I hear one click from I'm assuming relay on spark board. I have replaced clock module and spark control module and still get nothing. Top burners work but oven does not. I was also told to ground igniters but I'm not sure I did it right, I ran a wire from igniter bracket to oven chassis still nothing. Any ideas? I am not getting any clicking from igniters.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Lets first ohm test the gas valve. You will need a multimeter to ohm test the gas valve.

Here's the gas valve for your model you can order, if needed:
WPW10293048 Valve-Gas

Its located at the very bottom of your range towards the back, so you'll need to pull your lower storage drawer out to access it, get a flashlight or droplight so you can see better under there.

Unplug or remove power from the range FIRST. Set the Ohm meter on RX300. Remove the three wires from the gas valve. The wire connectors are different sizes so they can be replaced in the same spot. The center terminal is the common terminal. Put one meter probe on the center terminal and touch one of the other terminals and then the other terminal. The meter should read 216 Ohms both times. If not, replace the gas valve.

TEST PROCEDURE
Solenoid Resistance Tests

1. Disconnect power from the range.
2. Set the ohmmeter to the R x 100 scale.
3. Touch the ohmmeter terminals to terminals 1 and 2 (Broil). The ohmmeter should read 216 Ω ±30.
4. Touch the ohmmeter terminals to terminals 3 and 2 (Bake). The ohmmeter should read 216 Ω ±30.

NOTE: Always check both solenoids. If one of the solenoids is defective, neither one will operate.

Keep us posted.

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Jake tried both terminals and got no reading at all, I guess it's time to replace valve. Your thoughts would be greatly appericated, Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No reading at all? Your meter has fresh batteries in it?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Well I replaced the batteries in the meter checked the stove again and still get no reading on the meter. Anything else or is the valve bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, if your 100% sure you ohm tested it properly and your getting no reading, then the gas valve is the culprit.

Jake

cipra

Premium Member
Jake, Changed the gas valve and now the oven works thanks for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent cipra, glad to hear the new gas valve fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake