SG4990W - speed queen - motor installation wiring help

Josh Hallaran

Premium Member
Hello all!

I come here out of desperation, I'm trying to fix my mothers dryer, its a speedqueen like in the title.

The repair was going smoothly until i had to actually wire the new motor into the existing connections, i took pictures of all the stuff i unplugged. The actual problem was the wiring instructions i got, they said just match up the colors and good to go. I got off the harness
1 pink and yellow spliced together
1 white with orange spliced off of it.
1 orange
1 brown
1 orange off the white splice.
Total 5

For the adapter harness's i got 2 different options.
One with 4 connections and one with 5.

Adapter 1 is 4 connections
1 brown
1 orange
1 white
1 yellow

Adapter 2 is 5 connections
2 black connections
1 yellow
1 white
1 brown

Which should i use? And should I ignore the spliced together connections?

1 has correct color just not 1 orange and the other has wrong colors but right number of connections!

Sorry for the long post. I don't know if I'm allowed to post pictures or how....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
SG4990W is not pulling up as good, please recheck your model number.

What was the problem with the dryer to make you replace the motor? You shouldn't have to rewire anything, it should be plug and play.

Jake

Josh Hallaran

Premium Member
Sorry if the model seems incorrect, but i took picture of the model label under the dryer door.

In my above post, the connections are either too little or not the correct colors.

Is there a way to post pictures on this forum? I can show you exactly what i mean.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
To upload photos--->Just Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right side of this Quick Reply editor that we type in, then you will see the MANAGE Attachments Button.

Again, what was the problem with your washer to make you change the motor???

Jake