• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Sharp - no heat and loud buzzing

ryang96

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
1
Location
New York
Model Number
R-308NW
Brand
Sharp
Age
1-5 years
The microwave worked fine until last night when i went to use it and it made a loud buzzing noise, and wouldn't heat anything. The unit works fine except for heating. From some research i have done on the internet, I'm pretty sure its a problem with the magnetron, the high voltage capacitor, or the power diode. But I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot the magnetron, or if these components are even my problem.


Thanks.
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,618
Location
Ontario, Canada
Top