• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHE3AR52UC Bosch Dishwasher Electrical Smell

BABBO467

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR52UC
Brand
Bosch
I need assistance in tracking down source of electrical smell during mid -cycle. Any ideas on where to start? Filter mechanisms are clean, no noticeable obstruction of sprayer arms. I can manage door panel removal, circuit board replacement, but motor/pump replacement beyond my ken at this point.
Obviously having tech come in not possible during these times.

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The first part I would check would be the terminal block where the main power hooks up to. If there is a loose connector screw on that block you can get arcing and a electrical smell. Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first before checking it.

Here's the terminal block assembly for your model below, when you click the link to it you will see a video of how to access it.

00640476 Terminal Box

Jake

BABBO467

Premium Member
Jake,
Thank you for the reply. Checked out the terminal block................all good.
Smell starts about 15 mins into cycle, strongest behind START button. Removing door panel next step. Whats with the torx screws? Any links out there for door removal? thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Torx 20 screwdriver. Turn the power OFF to your dishwasher first!

There is a video in this part link below that shows you how to remove the outer door panel to get access to the control panel, once inside the control panel you can check to see if any parts look burnt or melted.

Jake