• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHE3AR55UC Bosch Dishwasher - Bottom arm hitting rack when spinning

logidelic

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR55UC
Brand
Bosch
I recently moved into a home where a Bosch Ascenta was already installed. The bottom rack doesn't clean well, while the top seems like it's ok.

What I have noticed is that, when there is sufficient weight at the rear of the bottom rack, (ex filled with plates), the rack actually sinks a bit and the bottom arm hits the rack when it tries to spin. I assume this is the problem.

Some notes:

• I actually have another Bosch Ascenta (nearly identical model) at our old house so I'm in a good position to compare.
  • The other one doesn't have the same issue.
  • I tried swapping both the bottom arm, as well as the bottom rack, but the problem remained, so it's not the arm or rack.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I guess the dishwasher itself is warped or something? I was thinking of somehow raising the rails on which the wheels run (i.e. by putting a thick plastic strip on them) to lift the bottom rack a bit, but perhaps there is an easier way...

Thanks!

logidelic

Premium Member
A followup: As an experiment I tried putting something under the rear wheels of the bottom rack, so as to lift it up a bit. This worked!

Now that I know that this is indeed the problem, the question is: What is the real fix? I'm still trying to understand how the dishwasher might be warped such that this is happening at all (it's not obvious visually).

HaveBlue

I recently moved into a home where a Bosch Ascenta was already installed. The bottom rack doesn't clean well, while the top seems like it's ok.

What I have noticed is that, when there is sufficient weight at the rear of the bottom rack, (ex filled with plates), the rack actually sinks a bit and the bottom arm hits the rack when it tries to spin. I assume this is the problem.

Some notes:

• I actually have another Bosch Ascenta (nearly identical model) at our old house so I'm in a good position to compare.
  • The other one doesn't have the same issue.
  • I tried swapping both the bottom arm, as well as the bottom rack, but the problem remained, so it's not the arm or rack.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I guess the dishwasher itself is warped or something? I was thinking of somehow raising the rails on which the wheels run (i.e. by putting a thick plastic strip on them) to lift the bottom rack a bit, but perhaps there is an easier way...

Thanks!
I had this on my ge dishwasher. The bottom arm was wobbly and could bounce up into the rack. The fix was simple. Remove the silverware baskets and then remove the bottom rack. Turn it upside down and put it on the floor. Use your foot to push down at each corner bending the bottom of the rack in slightly. This will provide more clearance. Reassemble.