• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHE3AR56UC/07 Bosch dishwasher starts but won't pump water in

AirtimeBill

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR56UC/07
Brand
Bosch
My dishwasher consistently does not pump water in until power button is turned off then back on during the water inlet cycle, it will then restart on it's own & pump water in and complete the wash cycle fine.
During the malfunction, it starts normally with a short drain cycle, then starts the water inlet cycle but doesn't pump water in, however it will run a complete cycle DRY, even releasing the soap w/o ever using any water.

So being somewhat mechanically inclined, I replaced the water inlet valve having the same result. Then I removed & cleaned the float assembly. Then using my multi-meter I tested the float switch, voltage to the inlet valve during active pump cycle finding 120v, as well as resistance in the inlet valve finding no malfunction in any.
So my conclusion is that something resetting during the powering off/on process then allowing the unit to let water in and function properly but can find no answer guiding my next coarse of action. I'm stumped!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
... then starts the water inlet cycle but doesn't pump water in,
It doesn't actually "pump" the water in. The coil on the water valve gets 120 VAC and pulls the armature off the diaphragm and water flows through into the tub. So you're saying you have 120 VAC going to the water valve but no water is entering the machine so you replaced the water valve and have the same problem? Is that correct?

AirtimeBill

Premium Member
That is correct.
Even though I read 120vac at the water inlet valve plug during the water inlet cycle, it's as though when plugged in to the water Inlet valve there is no voltage delivered until I push the shut off button and turn back on. After that the water flows in and the cycle runs as it should, and to this point has repeated that way consistently .

rickgburton

Staff member
Here's the part you need:

AirtimeBill

Premium Member
Ok, I wondered if that was what I might need but was hoping not as that is an expensive part when bought new ($160-$190). I have found a couple of "pre-owned" control units on EBay that have been tested to be good for around $50 shipped.
I do understand that sometimes you get what you pay for, so in light of that is this a part that I shouldn't buy used?
I sure appreciate your time and your knowledge, thank you. Bill

rickgburton

Staff member
Bosch is not that popular in my area so I haven't worked on that many bosch machines. It's a common part to fail on that model. If you get a used one it might be a matter of time before that one failed. Or you could replace it and get ten more years. It's a coin toss. Is there a return policy on the used one?