• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHE3AR72UC/07 Bosch Dishwasher not always draining

thomasj22

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR72UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Bosch Dishwasher Model # SHE3AR72UC/07
Probably 10 years old
Hose is connected to a garbage disposal

Within the first minute of a new cycle, water starts to leak from the machine, but if I cancel the cycle it will fully drain (though it does sound like it takes a few attempts to start before it finally works). If I list the pump at the end of the cycle it will run, however, when I lift after the first minute it does not.

I feel certain that the filters are clean, the hose is clear, and there is no error codes. I do not understand why it will drain properly at the end of the cycle but not during it. Any ideas of what else I should be looking at to fix?

-austin-

Premium Member
Most Bosch Dishwashers drain for a few seconds and stop a few times before they fully start draining, that sounds normal. where is the leak? Is there a proper loop in the drain hose?

thomasj22

Premium Member
Thanks for the response. The water is spilling out of the front through the door. It actually is like a waterfall, so clearly the water is either not draining (if it should at that point) or being held within the tub. I would assume a seal gave way, but it worked perfectly for years and one day simply stopped.
The hose setup is good with no leaks.