• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHE3AR75UC/21 Bosch Dishwasher leak on side

Rickyran

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR75UC/21
Brand
Bosch
Hi,
Hope you can help. I have a Bosch Dishwasher Model SHE3AR75UC/21 . It is about 4.5 years old.

The machine is leaking from the right side. Leak from the seams? This happens in the beginning of the cycle when there seems to be a lot of water and activity in the machine. Water comes out in little bursts.

Note I checked the hole in the inside wall to make sure it is not blocked (this seems to be an issue with other Bosch machines)

Please see short video

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a first, in my 32 years being a career appliance tech I have never seen a dishwasher on the side like that gushing from the side bottom, it seems like the tub has separated there with a large crack where the water is gushing out.

Where did you buy this dishwasher from? Did you buy it brand new or used?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then check your owners manual warranty and see if you have a 10 year warranty on your tub.

Jake

Rickyran

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. It has a 365 days warranty. I had not thought about extended warrant for some elements. I checked and no mention of extension for the tub. It does say lifetime warranty if the inner liner should rust through. Maybe that would help?

I called Bosch and I am submitting a claim for floor damages. They also agreed to do a diagnostic for free.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It does say lifetime warranty if the inner liner should rust through. Maybe that would help?

I called Bosch and I am submitting a claim for floor damages. They also agreed to do a diagnostic for free.
Good, let us know what they find.

Jake

ulabula

I have the exact same problem on a similar model. We've had ours for about 7 years. The plastic part has pulled away from the metal part of the tub, and water started leaking. Looks like there may have been slow leaks for a while.

Curious - did Bosch get back to you Rickyran? Is there any way to re-attach the metal to the plastic? This is a ridiculous thing to break.

Edited to add: found this as a solution: https://www.fixmywhitegoods.co.uk/bosch-neff-siemens-dishwasher-e-15-faults

Last edited:

Rickyran

Premium Member
I agree it is ridiculous that this broke.

I had a Bosch technician take a look. Within 15 seconds of seeing it he said it can't be fixed. He said the seal of the tub was not working. Frankly I am not sure he really knew what was the issue. He also said a full stainless steel tub would not have this issue.

The machine was out of warranty but I fought them. Bosch agreed to prorrate the cost of a new machine. I ended up paying about half the price of a new one. I got one with a full stainless steel tub. I think it was a fair offer.

I also put in a claim for damages to my floor. Their insurance company agreed to pay it.

Terrible machine but they owned up to it.