SHE3AR76UC/12 drain pump replaced starts and stops drain pump wont stay running

Donny G

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR76UC
Brand
Bosch
COMMING UP ON 5 YEARS

installed a new drain pump, and my drain problem persists.
error 24 initially, now error 25. checked and cleaned everything,
air gap was clogged. installed the new pump and it short cycles
draining into 5 gallon bucket flow just starts and stops

float switch triggers relay when lifted

1 control board

2 power module

what would you reccomend I try next? i'm thinking failures come in threes time to put this one out to pasture

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Donny,

Do what this guy did: Dishwasher wasn't drianing completely pump was loud e24/e25 alarms

The E24 was a failure to drain alarm and the E25 was triggered by me trying to run a cycle without the pump cover attached inside the unit (Bosch Ascenta). I replaced the pump (ordered Friday morning arrived Saturday afternoon with standard shipping...WOW) which consisted of removing the kickplate, disconnecting the electrical connector and rotating the pump body counter clockwise. Installed new pump in the reverse order and tested.

Still had alarm but new pump was much quieter. I pulled unit out, removed drain hose and forced air (using my mouth...lol, I'm full of hot air) through the drain line. By pushing all of the water through the line and ensuring the line was not blocked I ran the cycle three more times without alarm. I'm assuming the alarm was because the drain line was blocked, and the motor was loud because it had been fighting against a stopped up/slow line for some time. All seems good now.

Let us know if that fixes yours too.

Jake

Donny G

Premium Member
I tried everything I've read, and e25 persisted. I think the $144.00 "controller" is the culprit. I checked and double checked for obstructions, removed (and cleaned ) the air gap and used a shop vac and compressed air to no avail. thought for sure it was the pump cover

I'd already spent 45.00 on the new pump, so investing 144.00 into throwing more parts at a 5 year old appliance seemed futile

lowes had the identical Dishwasher for 449.00 it's on the way

after I read my previous posts here regarding analog controlled dishwashers, I called and cancelled the bosch

I'm going to buy a dishwasher with an analog rotary timer. Hotpoint GE and frigidaire still make em, looking for an amana maybe even a maytag suggestions?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Donny, here's a good basic anolog dishwasher made by Hotpoint: Hotpoint HDA3600HWW

Jake

Donny G

Premium Member
I wussed out and bought another Bosch from lowes afterall. bought the same model with one exception.

the supply line now uses a FHT X 3/8 compression fitting I was pretty pisssed off, and calling Bosch customer service pissed me off even more. The Tech Woman told me I needed a 3/4 NPT Female to 3/8 compression fitting to connect my water source

the local ACE had it but as I approached the register I noticed it was FHT not NPT
the run around begins. Drove 15 miles to lowes where the informed appliance employee showed me the FHT adapter I needed an eastman part, the ACE part would have sufficed

I made a second call and the woman explained that I need a 3/4 male NPT connector I just hung up, but only after I asked to speak to someone with more knowledge, mistake as the call went back to bosch's customer service menu

I aslo found out that Bosch dishawshers have recalls, and the Board or microprocessor I suspected was bad, had a five year warranty........................ Cheers