SHE3ARF2UC/12 Not cleaning dishes or dissolving soap pods

GreenJeff

Model Number
SHE3ARF2UC/12
Brand
Bosch
I have a Bosch Silence Plus 50 that I bought under the guise that the upper spray arm may not be working. The best I figure, it doesn't spray at all but there are no obvious cracks. I've opened the door mid cycle and have seen the lower arm spray, though it was weak (could be because it was shutting down?). The soap dispenser drops the pods right into the handle of the upper basket and they weren't dissolving so I started tossing them in the bottom and they're still not disolving completely. I'm thinking the machine isn't getting enough water, but don't know why or how to check. The float valve clicks when you press on the float.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Read post #2 here:
Check the screen on the bottom of dishwasher, along with the SS plate. It's the one you twist/unscrew from bottom that collects debris. The basket screen is two pieces and has alignment notches to line up when putting it together- separate the parts and hold the outer fine mesh screen up to light. If you cannot see through it well it needs to be cleaned with a brass bristle kitchen brush, scrubbing and poking bristles through the holes- all while supporting the back side with your hand so you don't blow out mesh, scrubbing inside and outside.

Scrub the SS plate also if looks fuzzy or dirty.

Check all holes in spray arms for clogs.
Watch this video:

Jake