SHE3ARF5UC/14 Bosch E25 Error - unusual reasons?

Paradia

Premium Member
Model
SHE3ARF5UC
Brand
Bosch
Hi all.

I've been plagued with the E25 and E24 code for years with my dishwasher. I typically clean the filter and try to clear the impeller of any food-stuffs. Recently it has gotten worse and worse. This weekend I took it apart and removed the impeller and rinsed out the drain hose. There were no significant blockages.

It ran clean the first time, but the next load I ended up with the E25. I tried my typical approach of running the Rinse and Hold 9 minute option to see if that would help. No luck... just constant E25's.

I'm tempted to get a new impeller or pump, but the more I think about it the more I think it may not be either one... and here's why:

The E25 almost always only pops up at the very end of the wash on the last draining of the dishwasher. When I run the 9 minut Rinse and Hold the dishwasher starts by draining itself, which it always does with no problem. So the issue does not seem to be that it can't drain itself. It seems to be that it doesn't drain itself at the end of one of the wash cycles.

Before I start ordering parts and blindly replacing them, does anyone have any thoughts as to what the actual issue may be or how I can more concretely diagnose the issue?

Thanks in advance...

Alex

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Alex,

We need the model number of your machine first. SelectPlus 50 isn't a model number.:)

The model number tag should be inside the door.

Jake

Paradia

Premium Member
I'm looking at the tag on the inside of the door and what is labelled as the model number looks
SHE3ARF5UC/14
FD940600344

There was also a number that looked more like a model number SN6P5B.

Let me know if I need to keep looking!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Paradia

Premium Member
Thanks Jake.

Yes, I've gone through those steps many many times over the last couple of years. As per the original post what is making me think that this may not actually be an issue with the impeller or the pump is that the dishwasher drains no problem when I start the next cycle - so it doesn't actually have a problem with draining itself, it just has a problem with draining itself at the end of a regular cycle.

So what happens:
1 Run a regular cycle (Heavy, Normal, Auto, Delicate, Express)
2 It fails with E25 at the end of the cycle with water in the bottom of the dishwasher
3 I start a 9 minute Rinse cycle - the first step of which is to drain any existing water.
4 It drains no problem

If the impeller was jammed or the filter etc were out of place I wouldn't expect #4.

Thoughts?

Alex

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the impeller was jammed or the filter etc were out of place I wouldn't expect #4.
I agree Alex, that's why its throwing me for a loop too.

Hopefully another tech. that's seen this particular problem can shed some light on this for us.:)

Jake

Paradia

Premium Member
Thanks again Jake. At least I feel better that it's not an easy diagnosis :)

Any way to mark the thread for other Techs to look at? Or is it a 'just hope' scenario?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, other techs will see it when they come, if no one responds that indicates they don't know either, then I'd suggest having a Bosch Tech come to your house to see what's going on: bosch-home.ca/en/service/contact-us

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Alex.:)

Jake