SHE43P02UC/60 Continuous squeak

mc510

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE43P02UC
Brand
Bosch
About a week ago my Bosch dishwasher started to make a continuous squeaking noise throughout pretty much all of the cycle. I've heard this noise occasionally in the past for short periods, but this is a new thing where it's doing it every night and through the whole cycle. Audio clip here https://clyp.it/xz1redra

Help?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
To me it sounds like something caught in the pump impeller. My hearing is not what it use to be so I can't be sure but I would check that first.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I agree with Rick.

Circulation Pump 00442548

This video shows you HOW TO access it:

[video=youtube;FsjE7CTwUIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FsjE7CTwUIk[/video]

Jake

mc510

Premium Member
Whew, that does not look like a trivial project! Okay, before I take it on, let me give a little update and ask what you think. The past two nights, the squeaking/squealing has been less continuous ... it's been on for several minutes and then off for 10, 20 minutes, then back on for several minutes. Does this have any bearing on your diagnosis?

rickgburton

Staff member
Does this have any bearing on your diagnosis?
Not really, it could be a piece of glass or a piece of plastic that gets lodged somewhere and then dislodged. It could be the motor itself that's making the noise. It's too hard to tell.

Garland

Premium Member
Squeaky Bosch dishwasher

Can you access, or see, this impeller from the top, or do you need to remove the pump to check it out?

To me it sounds like something caught in the pump impeller. My hearing is not what it use to be so I can't be sure but I would check that first.

rickgburton

Staff member
You'll need to remove the pump. Working on Bosch machines is a nightmare if you ask me,,,lol

Garland

Premium Member
Sounds to me like for a 13 year old DW, which this is, if you go to the trouble to remove the pump, it probably should be replaced with a new one at that point. No?

We have had no trouble with this DW, but I know every appliance has a lifetime, especially one with all the electronic controls (SHU66C07UC). I'm hoping to keep it running as long as possible as the color is no longer available so we would have trouble matching the kitchen.

rickgburton

Staff member
... if you go to the trouble to remove the pump, it probably should be replaced with a new one at that point. No?
If that's where the problem is otherwise you'll end up with a machine that has a new pump but doesn't work.