• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHE53TL5UC/01 Rinse Aid Dispenser Leaks Onto Silverware at Front of Dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfh1957

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE53TL5UC/01
Brand
Bosch
SHE53TL5UC/01 Rinse Aid Dispenser Leaks Onto Silverware at Front of Dishwasher and Leaves it Sticky

Up until a few months ago, my dishwasher's rinse aid dispenser worked fine. I had it set at "3," which is considered medium. Then one day, it ran out of the liquid rinse agent. After I refilled it, it left a sticky residue on the silverware in the basket. We bought an optional basket that mounts over tines on the right front side, so the silverware is close to the door. As the level of rinse agent goes down, the problem disappears but returns when I refill it.

I called our appliance dealer to ask about replacing the part and it would run about $200.00 with labor. I can turn off the dispenser, but the dishes and silverware are left somewhat wet at the end of a longer cycle, and Bosch claims the higher temperatures needed to dry the dishes can damage fine china. Any suggestions?

We had the same problem with an older Bosch dishwasher, and I replaced it with this one, which is now a little less than 3 years old. I'm almost ready to buy a $400.00 Whirlpool machine. Is this a part I could replace myself (I don't have experience with this type of repair)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd both of your Bosch dishwashers did this same thing.

I have never heard of this happening before, and I searched our forums for this problem and nothing pulled up.

So yes I agree time to go to Whirlpool. In my previous house I owned a Whirlpool dishwasher for 13 years, and not one single problem with the rinse aid or anything else.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Never hurts to try.

I don't own any Bosch appliances, so I have no experience with their customer service.

I own Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore 106 made by Whirlpool.

Jake

kappadappa

Premium Member
I'm wondering if you ever got this problem resolved? My Bosch dishwasher model SHX68T55UC/02 just started having the same issue - leaking rinse aid on items close to the dispenser.

kappadappa

Premium Member
Well, I ended up ordering a replacement rinse aid and detergent dispenser and installing it myself. Total was around $67. Thank goodness for online tutorials! That fixed the issue for me.

Not thrilled that this part failed on a 4 year old dishwasher, but at least it was reasonably easy to repair.

kappadappa

Premium Member
Yes, that's exactly where I ordered it from. Their video tutorial was super helpful.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear that.:)

Yes, I order a lot of parts from AppliancePartsPros.com too, In fact I just placed a order a few minutes ago with them for two parts I need on a local service call in Parker, AZ. that I went on today.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.