• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHE68T55UC/03 Bent door on Bosch dishwasher

bballlal

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE68T55UC/03
Brand
Bosch
My 4 yr old backed up to our dishwasher when the door was open and fell on the right side. The door hangs a little lower there now and you can tell it's not as sturdy as it was. Also, after a wash cycle you can tell the top right of the door doesn't seal as well because there is condensation on the right side of the seal and none on the left side. Has anyone repaired a bent door like that before? I'm fairly handy but I also don't want to waste my time if it's not fixable. Should I take the door apart and look for a bent hinge or other part? Any suggestions on how to go about this would be appreciated. Dishwasher is a Bosch

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Should I take the door apart and look for a bent hinge or other part?
Sounds like a bent hinge. If not it's a good place to start. Check the door spring and cable.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You will need to replace the right side door hinge. When you click the part link to it below, you will see a video of how to install it.

Here's the right side door hinge for your model you can order:
00752102 Right Door Hinge Lever

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OOPS, sorry Rick, wait why do we have 2 different hinges here? LOL

Is yours the hinge plate only? Maybe they need both? They are both very inexpensive.:)

Jake

bballlal

Premium Member
Thanks everyone. Would you guys personally take it apart and first see if that's what needs to be replaced or would you just buy it before taking it apart and assume it's the hinge?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
With my luck I can't afford to assume anything. If this was a service call I would check it first. If it is bent you might be able to take it apart and straighten it.

bballlal

Premium Member
Just an update on this in case anyone else finds this in their search. The hinge plate that Rick posted attaches to the body of the dishwasher. The hinge that Jake posted attaches to the door and that's what got bent in my case. I've ordered the part and we'll see if it fixes. Thanks everyone.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes let us know.

Jake