• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHEM63W55N Bosch Dishwasher 300 not drying

MgFrobozz

Model Number
SHEM63W55N
Brand
Bosch
I have a new Bosch 300, installed Feb 2022. It's cleaning very well, but doing a completely inadequate job of drying. This is using the "speed60" cycle, which the timer shows as "1:10", and which runs just a little less than 1:20.

I'm working around the problem by opening the door as soon as the cycle is done, when the timer shows 0:00. At that time, the dishes and glasswear are very hot, but also very wet, as are the walls of the tub. There's no standing water in the tub, so it seems to be draining just fine. The dishes air-dry fairly fast when the door is open. All of the cycles have been about a half-load.

Is the speed60 cycle supposed to dry the dishes? When it's in the drying cycle, there's no moisture coming out the front of the enclosure. Where does the washer theoretically get rid of the water during the drying cycle?

On the off chance that the drying cycle steam should be pumped out the drain hose: the topmost point of the drain hose is 32" above the dishwasher cabinet floor (within the range specified in the installation manual, which is 20" to 43"), and 11" above the point where it inserts into the sink drain. There is no garbage disposal, and the drain flows freely.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Since its still under warranty its best to have Bosch come out at 1-800-944-2904 to see what's going on and fix it for you for free.

Jake

SHEM63W55N/20

Premium Member
I have a new Bosch 300, installed Feb 2022. It's cleaning very well, but doing a completely inadequate job of drying. This is using the "speed60" cycle, which the timer shows as "1:10", and which runs just a little less than 1:20.

I'm working around the problem by opening the door as soon as the cycle is done, when the timer shows 0:00. At that time, the dishes and glasswear are very hot, but also very wet, as are the walls of the tub. There's no standing water in the tub, so it seems to be draining just fine. The dishes air-dry fairly fast when the door is open. All of the cycles have been about a half-load.

Is the speed60 cycle supposed to dry the dishes? When it's in the drying cycle, there's no moisture coming out the front of the enclosure. Where does the washer theoretically get rid of the water during the drying cycle?

On the off chance that the drying cycle steam should be pumped out the drain hose: the topmost point of the drain hose is 32" above the dishwasher cabinet floor (within the range specified in the installation manual, which is 20" to 43"), and 11" above the point where it inserts into the sink drain. There is no garbage disposal, and the drain flows freely.

I assume you are not familiar with non-heated element drying dishwashers... namely Euro or Eco friendly. I never hear of anyone being happy with quick 60 drying. Though you have options in the menu to adjust both water drying liquid use and heated water drying, to help dry beyond default settings. Also bumping up the cleaning with Sanitize function, guarantees hotest drying cycles.

I suggest adjusting those options and popping open the door around 15 minute mark. Waiting to 0 does not optimize drying, when the dry cycle is near its end.

Some times when I pop open the door at 15 minutes, and start unloading with everything very hot to the touch. By the time ai grab an item it is dry. I leave plastics alone for last.

2 awsome tricks of the trade to get the best drying. Replace the 3rd tray with the myway tray. It is not plastic, as all plastic items will collect water. Being it's a basket, made like the bottom and top baskets, water will not collect and drip on lower items, and allow most all items loaded on the myway rack to dry better. Or remove the 3rd tray all together.

2nd and most critical trick, is to obtain food grade dry lubricant H1 spray coating. Spray all plastics within the dishwasher. You will have to dismantle the water jets and spray them as well. We obtained the interlocking adjustable flatware baskets, as they fit nice and secure on back and sides of the baskets. Its heavier made and will need sprayed as well. The long one peice and the mini dual baskets, will need sprayed if using them. The nice thing about the interlocking adjustable flatware baskets, allow for more room, for placement for larger plates and pans.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.