• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHP53T55UC/02 - Bosch - no lights or power on machine

tstrammer

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP53T55UC
Brand
Bosch
I ran our machine Saturday night and everything seemed to run fine. The next day I go to unload dishwasher and noticed there was no power at the machine and will not power on. I checked the outlet and have power. I also checked the plug on the machine and is plugged in. I used my voltage detector and have voltage to the control board. What would my next steps for troubleshooting? (Is there a thermo fuse or a chart that will show how I can test voltage across the control board?)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Can't find a service manual at all for your model.

Its possibly the power ON/OFF switch, but I've never tested one before on a Bosch model. But I'd check that first, you may find a burnt spot on it, if so that would be obvious that would be the problem child.

Here's the power ON/OFF switch for your model:
00620775 Switch

Jake

tstrammer

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Jake!

I disassembled my ON/OFF button and it appears to be fine. Do you still think i should move forward with trying to replace that? Or should I be l

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd order both the ON/OFF switch and control module, then replace the ON/OFF switch first and see if that fixes it, if not then install the control module.

Here's the control module for your model: 00752735 Control Module

Another thing you can do is check for 120 volts at your ON/OFF switch, since you mentioned above that you have 120 volts to the control module.

If you get 120 volts to the ON/OFF switch and the dishwasher is not powering up, then that's the bad part.

Do you know how to access the ON/OFF switch? If not, I located a video that gives you the general idea of how to access/replace it, click here for the video: 00424410 ON/OFF switch Note: That's not the ON/OFF switch for your model, but it give you the general idea of how to do it.

Jake

tstrammer

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the info! I ended up checking the continuity of the on/off switch and would get it so I figured that was not the issue. I purchased and replaced the control board and will cannot get power. Do you think it could still be the on/off switch even if I get continuity? Any other thoughts? I’m not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I purchased and replaced the control board and will cannot get power. Do you think it could still be the on/off switch even if I get continuity?
You don't get 120 volts to the control board?

Did you ohm test the off/on switch with the switch in the ON position?

Jake

tstrammer

Premium Member
00300D31-4561-445A-8BD5-EF44B605F5F6.jpgI have 120V to the control board and I get 120v out of it, atleast at a few location(did not check them all, but I get it at the plug on the right in the photo).

Yes, I tested in the on and off position, it seemed to ohm out fine(nothing when off and continuity when I press the button). I did this with the switch disconnected from the power because I cannot get my multi meter leads anywhere on it when it is connected.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then I'm not sure what the problem could be. Sorry.

Its best to have Bosch come out and see what's going.

Jake

jbkelton

Premium Member
I am having a similar problem with my Bosch SHP65T55UC/07 dishwasher. We had some mold issues in our kitchen so our dishwasher was unhooked. When it was unhooked I decided to replace the plastic top with the door that had been damaged previously. When I hooked the dishwasher back up there was no power to the dishwasher. I decided to look at the control board and there was some burn to some of the PCB components. I got the replacement control board and installed it and again there was no power. I checked and there is power coming from the cord to the back of the unit.
I checked the switch and there is 120 V on one wire going to the switch. I checked the switch and it seems to have resistance when pressed. It seems to be a momentary switch. Can I bypass the switch by jumpering the switch connector?

I also re-screwed in the terminal block hoping that would help but to no avail.
I really do not want to replace the power control PCB as it costs more but it would be cheaper than buying a new dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can I bypass the switch by jumpering the switch connector?
Which switch? The ON/OFF switch I posted in post #2 above? If so, I don't know if you can bypass it or not, I've never tried.

But if your getting 120 volts to the ON/OFF switch and the dishwasher is not powering up, then that's possibly the bad part.

Jake

jbkelton

Premium Member
Yes the ON/OFF switch. The switch has two wires going to it and there is 120v between one of the wires and ground. When I check the resistance across the switch it seems good.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know what else to tell you, I have never run into this problem before, hopefully another tech. that has, can shed some light on this problem.

Other than that, its to contact Bosch to come out and see what's going on.

Or hopefully @tstrammer will come back to update us on his.

Jake

jbkelton

Premium Member
My guess is that its in the power control module but I don't know if its worth replacing at this point. We have a lot of kids so we are really hard on our dishwasher. I have really liked the Bosch but its 4 years old and has been good.