• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHP65T55UC/07 Bosch Dishwasher - Help with Leak

Markyde

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP65T55UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Hi Having a hard time finding a leak in my Bosch Dishwaster model # SHP65T55UC/07. Its pretty sad , I do have an extended warranty with Lowes, I am on my second call in for service and this service person didn't even show up the first service man came out and said there is nothing wrong with it reset the code E15 and on his way he went . So I am learning or guessing Lowes contracts out to some pretty low rated repair service companies. I know how to fix things . So I already took it apart and found the styrofoam disk that was giving me an E15 code . Cleaned out all the water and ran the machine with some red dye and have been having a hard time to spot where the leak is coming from . I for sure see its coming from the back of the machine the insulation is all wet in the back of the machine on the bottom. I looked inside the machine and the back panel has a black gasket that seals the back panel to the sides and bottom basically a gasket that goes all the way around . Its coming a part It for sure is degrading and needs to be replaced . I looked at the parts list and cant find it . I called Bosch and they said they cant find it either and wanted me to hire one of there techs to come out. I am not doing that. So need help to find out where to buy the gasket and how I might replace it. I also came across a round gasket that goes around the pump motor that sources say can be the problem the kit is a 12005744 Bosch Sump Pump Repair Set. I have not yet received this kit when I do I will put it in, but I don't see any water coming from the pump. So any help on here will be appreciated. I attached a couple of pit of the inside of the machine where the gaskets are coming apart

Attachments

Spadesman

Premium Member
I have the same problem. Unit is leaking from the rear seal on the back panel. You can touch it with your finger and it breaks apart. Repair man was stumped until he noticed that screws on the back were rusted. There is no part number and it looks like it is sealed at the factory. Unless I can find some sort of safe sealant it can’t be repaired.

Markyde

Premium Member
Hi Spadesman I left a review on Bosch's web site I did have someone call me after they read the review . I called back and they took all my information and there is a possibility that Bosch may supply me with a new Dish washer . Its been over a week since I have heard back from Bosch . I need to call them and see what their decision is.

As far as my extended warranty with Lowes thats a complete Loss not even sure I want to call them again.

Aside from all those options I am going to seal it myself with High temp gasket Permatex silicon 81409 in the larger tube so I can use a caulking gun I pretty sure this will take care of it.

The other item I am going to install is the gasket that goes around the pump motor its called a (sump pump repair kit) it's made by Bosch . Bosch knew about this problem ( pump leaks) so they made the kit. Even know this may not be a problem for us since we have the felt gasket falling apart around the tube . its just one more possible problem that could happen so I want to cover all my bases before I toss this DW I bought my from an appliance repair web dealer for 20 bucks.

Spadesman

Premium Member
Is that silicon safe for this application? I might try that myself. Do you happen to have a link to your review? I had my unit for 5 years so no warranties apply anymore.

Markyde

Premium Member
I have had mine for 4 years, I am not sure the silicone is safe I am sure it is not recommended for this application it is for automotive applications . I personally do not have any concerns about the sealant leaching any unsafe residue on the dishes. You need to make Your own call. I left the review on Bosch's web site. here is the response I received back with a phone call.
Response from Bosch Home US:
CS
· 9 days ago

Hi Mark, thanks for sharing your experience and we apologize for any inconvenience. A member of our team was able to find your information and has left a voicemail to offer further assistance. We look forward to working with you.

As of today I just spoke to Bosch and they sent my case up to cooperate for review they may pro rate my dishwasher or replace it or I may not receive any assistance with a new machine from Bosch. I asked the supervisor I spoke with if the newer DW were still using this felt gasket she said the new ones use another design and she was not aware of newer machines having this problem. So they are aware of this problem with older machines.

Markyde

Premium Member
Today Bosch sent me a letter pro rating my old dishwasher . I will be able to buy the same model for 359.00 dollars. We bought the first DW 4 years ago for 900.00 dollars . Its not the greatest offer but not the worst either. All I can say is it was beneficial to write my review on Bosch's website , We bought the first DW from Lowes and we bought a 5 year extended warranty with Lowes which has been terrible to say the least.
So have to say at least Bosch is stepping up and doing the right action to support its buyers.

Spadesman

Premium Member
I am on the same path, but haven't gotten the offer yet. How does the process work? Do you have to prove you bought the specific unit and they reimburse you the difference with a check?

Markyde

Premium Member
You are talking about Bosch and not Lowes extended warranty.
Write a review on Bosch's web site take some pictures and hopefully someone will contact You.
If they do contact you ,
You may be able to get a pro rated offer on Your DW the prorate is based off how many years its been out of warranty.
They will send you a contract to buy a new machine, You sign the contract and send it back to them and hopefully they will call You, and ask for payment and send You a unit.

I signed the papers and still have not heard back from Bosch .
I am beginning to worry if they are going to live up to their pro rated offer or not. I called yesterday and they told me they should be contacting me soon. I am not holding my breath.
They are In Irvine California I am in San Jose pretty close maybe the Virus is causing delays .

I still have my foot in the door with Lowes extended warranty as well, Lowes paid for Bosch's service to come out and confirm the non repairable leak yesterday . So I may still get a check from Lowes.

I was shocked when the Bosch tech said the unit was repairable .
I said how ?
"You going to buy a new tub and put all the old parts onto the new tub" ?
He said yes but it probably exceeds the price of the DW in labor.
So they usually end up just replacing it.

I am about ready to through in the towel I have spent hours with Lowes even drove to the lowes store and was there for 3 hours. Not so much time with Bosch but I am at the end of my rope . I will just go buy a new one if either of these offers don't come through.
This will be my 3rd dishwasher
1st was an old Kitchen-aid that was still working but loud had it for years.
2nd was an LG didn't last more then 2 years
3rd Bosch lasted 4 years.
BTY the Tech from Bosch said he never seen a felt gasket come apart like mine .
Good luck

Spadesman

Premium Member
Ok, I made a review on the site but nothing happened until my wife called customer service and opened a ticket. They requested some documentation, I sent it in, they called me to verify the model I want replaced and then they stated they would get back to me with a prorated offer. I hope you get your new unit soon.

Markyde

Premium Member
Hope it works out for you. Lowes just said there cutting me a check for 730.00 . Bosch declined there offer because Lowes is following through with there extended warranty.

Markyde

Premium Member
How did you get the control assy disconnected from the front panel?
yesterday I took the door off and disconnected the panel from the door its not that hard take a picture of the wires before you disconnect them there are 3 small screws on each side of the door then longer screws towards the top of the door take them all out make sure you note where you took the screws from the longer ones go on top. disconnect the rope pulleys from the bottom of the door now the door should come off the dishwasher unit. I cleaned the old felt gasket out of the inside of the tub its a shittty job but after that I cleaned it up with acetone and then applied this caulking that is used for food applications Kason 3700 Series Rubbaseal Silicone Sealant
I filled in the rear back tub where the old gasket was let it dry turned the dishwasher over and filled it with water to test it. No leaks I also installed the new pump gasket . I am pretty sure my leaking problems are over with.