• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHP7PT55UC/07 Bosch Dishwasher door wire harness

edee_em

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP7PT55UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Hi
I have a Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 dishwasher, purchased 3 1/2 years ago. I took the door front off for some troubleshooting and I noticed a red wire plug was not plugged in. There are two sets that go up to panel with one having a larger connector (5-6 wires maybe) than the other (3 wires maybe). I am referring to the smaller connector not being plugged in. I plugged it into the connector next to the larger one and thought myself pretty clever to pick that up.

However, when I turned the power back on to the DW, nothing. I removed the wire I connected and the dishwasher started and ran through a couple of cycles I am running to deal with a lot of suds in the tub.

First things first, is this wire on this model supposed to be unattached or did I place it in the wrong connector spot. I believe there is another close by. Thanks

NKY

Premium Member
Door Wires -- random red wire unplugged.

Hello, I'm repairing my Bosch Dishwasher SHPM78W55N/01 and had to take the door panel off and some point into the repairs I noticed an unplugged grouping of 3 red wires. They trace back to the top panel buttons and don't seem to have any place to plug into. There appears to be a spot on the top panel buttons right next to where they came from but that doesn't seem correct. Are these wires supposed to go nowhere?

Hi
I have a Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 dishwasher, purchased 3 1/2 years ago. I took the door front off for some troubleshooting and I noticed a red wire plug was not plugged in. There are two sets that go up to panel with one having a larger connector (5-6 wires maybe) than the other (3 wires maybe). I am referring to the smaller connector not being plugged in. I plugged it into the connector next to the larger one and thought myself pretty clever to pick that up.

However, when I turned the power back on to the DW, nothing. I removed the wire I connected and the dishwasher started and ran through a couple of cycles I am running to deal with a lot of suds in the tub.

First things first, is this wire on this model supposed to be unattached or did I place it in the wrong connector spot. I believe there is another close by. Thanks
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm repairing a Bosch and noticed the same red wire that goes nowhere and doesn't seem to have a home except right next to where it originated from which doesn't make sense. Did they really manufacture this with a random wire?

Attachments

edee_em

Premium Member
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm repairing a Bosch and noticed the same red wire that goes nowhere and doesn't seem to have a home except right next to where it originated from which doesn't make sense. Did they really manufacture this with a random wire?
I did, NKY. I simply kept the red connector off. My guess (and please let me emphasize GUESS) is that this harness is used for the many different models that Bosch makes in this series. I know that a model or two up has a lighted wash compartment so that would need power, right? Anyway, I left it unattached and the dishwasher is fine. I have not experienced any issues with anything not working. Good luck to you and stay safe.

NKY

Premium Member
thank you! I finally got my dishwasher put back together and left the red wire unplugged and everything is working perfect.