• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHP865WF5N Bosch Dishwasher - Error e15 then...No Power

Glmccready

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP865WF5N
Brand
Bosch
Merry Christmas! Bosch is 15 months old. Got an error code e15. My wife said she pushed the power button to try and turn it off. The power to the display also went out, also. Turned the breaker off, then back on...no display. Breaker off. Pulled off the door,and lower plate. Dried it out, reassembled...
No display!
Checked: power at cord..120v
Power on Door switch: 120v
Noticed some magnetic switch, in the door, that might prevent power? So I reinstalled the door...still no display.
Started to take control panel out, top of doro but couldn't quite get all the tabs off the top...just to see if there was any burns on the board?
Probably have to call someone...but love to fix things...if I can. ..keeps me out of trouble, esp now that I can't drive and am in "the chair"
I have weird muscle disease that messes with my strength, and it is really screwing up my eyes and legs currently. ...
I pretty sure I got that styrofoam and switch back in correerly,, and the "seeing eye wife" was a great help!
Thanks in advance for your help.... My 2 engineer sons are home for Christmas.....one is electrical....the other Fire Protection. Not sure
with our collection of brains and common sense we can fix this or not? lol

Glmccready

Premium Member
I did figure out what the "switch" was lower on the door, 3/4 of the way down the right...a laser that shines on the floor when the dishwasher is running. Not sure f it is also a switch" to prevent operation if front door panel is not on also??? Hard to say, but it does have a magnet in it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Merry Christmas!

I'm not familiar with Bosch Dishwashers, but I did locate a couple other threads that you may want to look at that had this similar problem:

Hopefully that helps, let us know please.

Jake

Glmccready

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! I checked the Terminal Block and it was fine. Repair guy came and said the Control Unit must be bad...BUT can't check for leaks until it is fixed and the pump is running again..
I did have quite a bit of water under the unit, so not just suds. The control unit, part at least, is under warranty. I;d hate to think this unit, just 4 months out of warranty need major repairs. Had one at the other house, for 3 years, and did not have qalick of trouble. Out on in the new house when we moved in..