• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHPM78W55N/01 Bosch dishwasher E25 code and water tap alert

Hotrodr56

Premium Member
Model Number
SHPM78W55N/01
Brand
Bosch
DIY here but fairly experienced so not total useless. My dishwasher became unreliable and starting showing E25 code. I cleaned the filter and cleaned the pump impeller, got it running again even though neither seemed really dirty.

A month later, same E25 code plus water tap alert. I have cleaned again, ran three gallons of water through the drain line with my shop vac, pulled the water inlet? flat white box on left side and couldn't find anything.

I have not pulled the pump yet. The machine makes sounds like it will start but never fills with water and after 4-5 minutes beeps with error code. I blew out the drain line with compressed air and checked supply line to make sure it's getting water to the machine.

At this point I am suspecting bad control panel but don't want to waste my money on a new one if that isn't the problem. Any advice is appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm not that familiar with Bosch appliances, but I did locate a video that could help you solve this problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Also, Read post #2 and post #4 here:

I've never been trained on Bosch Appliances, I'm just going by what others have mentioned for those 2 error codes.

If your not able to fix it per those 2 posts, and from you cleaning all the electrical contacts underneath, you will likely need to have Bosch come out and fix it for you.

Jake

Hotrodr56

Premium Member
OK, aside from Jake (thank you again Jake) I got no help with my problems but managed to fix it anyway. The electrical connector to the pump was not making good contact so I cleaned and sprayed with cleaner. Problem seems to be fixed. Maybe this information will help someone else having a similar problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear you found the problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake