• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SHS63VL6UC/07 Bosch Dishwasher - No hot water

Dave F.

Premium Member
Model Number
SHS63VL6UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Greetings,
I have a Bosch SHS63VL6UC/07 and the water is not being heated. I inspected the circuit board and all the solder joints appear intact and no burnt smell from the relay. The dishwasher completes its cycle as usual with all lights working and I checked and no codes are displayed. I suspect that the heating element has burned out but I thought that a code would show indicating this.
Any input would be appreciated and want to get some more opinions before I order a new heating element.
Dave F.

Dave F.

Premium Member
Greetings,
I have a Bosch SHS63VL6UC/07 and the water is not being heated. I inspected the circuit board and all the solder joints appear intact and no burnt smell from the relay. The dishwasher completes its cycle as usual with all lights working and I checked and no codes are displayed. I suspect that the heating element has burned out but I thought that a code would show indicating this.
Any input would be appreciated and want to get some more opinions before I order a new heating element.
Dave F.
Fixed-finally; So I finally got hot water back on my Bosch dishwasher. I found a dishwasher tech that didn't want a weeks salary to diagnose the problem. He found that the turbidity sensor was caked in gunk, cleaned it and still no hot water. Said to replace it and if this did not solve the problem then to replace the heat pump. Well, the new sensor did not fix the problem so I ordered a new heat pump. Here's where it gets interesting.
It turns out that the first half hour of so of the wash cycle the Bosch just uses a non-heated rinse to get all the gunk off before it begins heating the water. I wish he would have told me this as I concluded that the heater was not working after about twenty to thirty minutes of checking the water temperature as the dishwasher was going thru its paces.
So, I realized that the dishwasher does not begin to heat the water until AFTER the detergent dispenser opens, which is about 30 to 45 minutes into the cycle. The tech did not hang around long enough after cleaning the sensor to see if it works nor did he tell me this key piece of information.
Also, I realized after removing the heat pump that the impeller was packed with debris-a small chunk of glass and bits of plastic. It turns out that my wife was not installing the filter element correctly allowing debris to get beyond the filter and clog the pump. The heater tested out ok but I had already ordered a new one so I just put the new one in.
Bottom line is be sure the filters are installed correctly and make sure you get a tech willing to inform you of how things work and takes the time to hang around long enough to diagnose the situation.
Very frustrating experience but I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.
Dave F.

Last edited:

Dave F.

Premium Member
We have been using the (gel) packet recommended by Bosch. The gel packet needs at least 125-130 degrees to dissolve and the Bosch (when working correctly) heats to at least 140 degrees. The plastic hung up in the impeller was not from the detergent. Haven't tried any powder but am open to any detergent that works.
Dave F.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.