FIXED SHU43C05UC/46 Bosch dishwasher water inlet leak with video

dh007008

Premium Member
Model Number
SHU43C05UC/46
Brand
Bosch
I inherited this Bosch dishwasher but I'm not able to figure out how to stop the it from leaking water out of the top of the water inlet on the fill cycle. I took a video of what was happening to show exactly how it happens. What could be causing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=kDGJ4MswuEs

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

dh007008

Premium Member
Wow, that's a lot of water. Is there a hole in the water inlet? Bosch isn't that popular in my area and I've only worked on few. Try replacing the water inlet. That should fix it (I would think).
Water Inlet 263833 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
View attachment 5418
There is a standard manufactured hole where the water is coming out. Alas, a new one would have the same hole and even if I plug it with my finger it will simply activate the float which cycles the discharge pump (it thinks it's flooding). Do you have any other thoughts?

rickgburton

Staff member
Maybe one of the other techs might know something more. That hole you're referring to is the air gap on the water inlet. I've seen that happen on the older style Whirlpool dishwashers when scale or mineral deposits build up where the hose connects and it causes it to spray out of the air gap.

dh007008

Premium Member
It turns out that the access valve (water inlet valve) is exactly what the issue was. Once the valve was replaced the water level was correct and there was no overflowing! There was no restriction in the water inlet system. There was simply too much water getting in. There is an internal diaphragm to the water valve that regulates water flow; this diaphragm was not functioning as designed.<o:p></o:p>

jeff1

Staff member
Glad we could help, thankx for the update :)

jeff.

Bob R J

Premium Member
I'm dealing with the same problem with an added twist: There is an open connection somewhere on the neutral wire for the water inlet valve. I have power coming through the water level switch to the valve. I hooked up the ground wire and got the valve to open (which was when I saw the water squirting out. Handy that it happened with the unit pulled out!) So my question, is there a control on the neutral side of the water valve or can I just run a jumper wire to the neutral wire in the junction box? I DO NOT want to set this thing up to flood the kitchen. Anybody have a source for a wiring schematic? PS Thanks for posting your solution--VERY HELPFUL!

Bob R J

Premium Member
Update: New valve solved the problem of water spurting out the vent hole. Turns out I had to knock a plug out of the drain hole on the new disposal unit! There ARE controls on the neutral side of the water inlet valve so running a by-pass jumper wire was not the solution. Once I quit being creative and hooked up everything properly it all worked fine--wife is happy!