SHV7PT53UC/04 Does not Power on - No display

Phoresis

Premium Member
Model Number
SHV7PT53UC/04
Brand
Bosch
So my dishwasher does not power on - it's absolutely dead. I contacted an appliance repairman who took a look and thought that it was likely the control module that had gone. I decided to order a replacement control module from Bosch. After installing it however, it made no difference. I did notice that the new control module did not come with the plastic harness that ensures the wire connectors line up with the PCB, so I shifted the wires a bit to ensure they were contacting properly. Then I got some activity and the display flashed "Add salt" and "Add rinse aid" and the pump made a noise, but none of the buttons worked. So I decided to remove the plastic harnesses from the old control module and clip them into the new one and re-connect the wires. After doing this, again absolutely no activity - no lights at all.

I'm kinda out of ideas now. I saw some posts here mentioning the terminal block, but I am unsure as to where this is located on my model. Could anyone help me find it or suggest anything else I could look at?

Thanks!

Phoresis

Premium Member
Didn't realize that the terminal block was the box under the sink. I have checked that and everything looks fine, no burned wires or anything.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

@jeff1 has more knowledge on Bosch Dishwashers than all of us here, you may want to message him and refer him to your thread here to see if he can assist you.

Jake

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I did notice that the new control module did not come with the plastic harness that ensures the wire connectors line up with the PCB,
You have to remove it from the old one.

SHV7PT53UC/04
Most part places cannot find this.
I am not familiar with this model# either.

Didn't realize that the terminal block was the box under the sink.
??
Many Bosch dishwashers now have a terminal block under the d/w, a cord from there goes around and plugs into the pcboard. All of these should be checked to confirm we have 120 volts AC coming into the d/w.

Sorry couldn't help more.

jeff.

Mr. Fix it

I am was looking for a solution to a similar problem. My display would not power up. There was not much information online and the info that was available said I should check the incoming power and also the door latch switch. This was not the problem. I eventually I found that there was some water in the base of the system under the tub caused by a faulty line connection. In the base of this dishwasher there is a piece of foam that floats upward in the event of a water leak and activates a switch which disables the system. You may simply have to clean up this water which will allow the foam to drop and the system will come back on. Of course you will need to locate the source of this water and correct that problem. The system can be run while not installed and you should be able to inspect the base with a flashlight to locate the water leak.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I eventually I found that there was some water in the base of the system under the tub caused by a faulty line connection.
This usually turns on the drain pump and it will keep running as it thinks the d/w is in a flood situation.

My display would not power up
Was the drain pump also running?

jeff.