• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHX5ER55UC/D5 Bosch Dishwasher - E25 I've tried everything I can think of aside from changing the main board

Polar_Circus

Premium Member
Model Number
SHX5ER55UC/D5
Brand
Bosch
I have a 3 year old Bosch that keeps giving me the dreaded E25 error code. These are the things I've tried:

Removed drain pump, cleaned complete area around it and re-installed.
Vacuumed all of the water out on more then one occasion right at the drain under the sink.
Insured good air flow through the venting leading into the "fill bladder" I think that's what its called. it's located on the left side of the dishwasher at the back.
Cleaned the bladder and checked for obstructions.
Removed and cleaned the filter cover and basket on the inside of the tub. The very inside cover is installed correctly and not an obstruction to the impeller.
Removed the hose from the bladder and ran right from the pump to a bucket, no change.
Replaced the pump itself, same result. It tries to start 3 times then trips the error code.

I'm really suspecting I have an issue with my control board. If that's the case then I might be in the market for a new dishwasher. I'm a little disappointed as I did expect better from Bosch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Polar_Circus

Premium Member
Well, bit the bullet and called a service tech out. He comes out, tries everything and tells me my board is no good. I replace the board and same problem. So new pump, new board and same issue. Had a different tech come out from a different company, he puts the old board back in, the old pump and the thing works. If it fails again it might end up going for a ride off of my deck. Fortunately I was able to take all of the parts back.

ol buggernuts

Premium Member
Well, bit the bullet and called a service tech out. He comes out, tries everything and tells me my board is no good. I replace the board and same problem. So new pump, new board and same issue. Had a different tech come out from a different company, he puts the old board back in, the old pump and the thing works. If it fails again it might end up going for a ride off of my deck. Fortunately I was able to take all of the parts back.
Thats hilarious! Just out a few hundred for service calls...
I'll try reseating the connections, could be some corrosion somewhere.

Dday644

Premium Member
I have a 3 year old Bosch that keeps giving me the dreaded E25 error code. These are the things I've tried:

Removed drain pump, cleaned complete area around it and re-installed.
Vacuumed all of the water out on more then one occasion right at the drain under the sink.
Insured good air flow through the venting leading into the "fill bladder" I think that's what its called. it's located on the left side of the dishwasher at the back.
Cleaned the bladder and checked for obstructions.
Removed and cleaned the filter cover and basket on the inside of the tub. The very inside cover is installed correctly and not an obstruction to the impeller.
Removed the hose from the bladder and ran right from the pump to a bucket, no change.
Replaced the pump itself, same result. It tries to start 3 times then trips the error code.

I'm really suspecting I have an issue with my control board. If that's the case then I might be in the market for a new dishwasher. I'm a little disappointed as I did expect better from Bosch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem. I finally got it to work it would stop at 2:04 and not drain it turned out to be the filter cover I thought it was tightened down but I really put some weight behind it and heard a pop and the next try worked. So if you don’t hear the click then it’s not locked in

ol buggernuts

Premium Member
Thats hilarious! Just out a few hundred for service calls...
I'll try reseating the connections, could be some corrosion somewhere.

Sure enough - flipped it on its side, unplugged all connections to motors and control boards. And put the original drain pump back in.

It's working 100% again. Just a little corrosion in the contacts.