• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SHX7ER55UC/50 Grinding Noise mid-cycle

Electrickgigolo

Premium Member
Model Number
SHX7ER55UC/50
Brand
Bosch
Hello, I've been using my dishwasher regularly for over over two years. Yesterday, mid-cycle on normal wash, a noisy grinding sound came from the dishwasher. The countertop even started to vibrate! I cancelled the wash. I then restarted it and towards the end of the wash (about 20 minutes left) the loud grinding sound started again with the countertop vibrating.

I turned the dishwasher off and opened up the filter. There was water filled in the little cavity where the water leaves but I couldn't find any big pieces stuck there.

The dishwasher is out of warranty and I unfortunately did not get an extended warranty. Bosch wants to charge me an arm and an leg to service it.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is there anyway I can fix it myself?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'll see if Jeff can assist you on this.

Jake

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

The countertop even started to vibrate!
Cannot ever remember seeing that!

mid-cycle on normal wash, a noisy grinding sound came from the dishwasher.
Was it washing, draining, filling?
Maybe even record the noise.

jeff.

Electrickgigolo

Premium Member
Sorry for the very delayed response. The repairman came a couple of months ago and didn't find anything wrong. The dishwasher never made the noise again. I have no idea what it was that was causing the noise. I'm just glad it doesn't do it anymore.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Gremlins!!!!!!!

Those little buggers ;)

jeff.