SHX7PT55UC/02 Frozen Display: Shows 2:09 Auto, but won't start

webmanoffesto

Premium Member
Model Number
SHX7PT55UC
Brand
Bosch
I have a Bosch SHX7PT dishwasher which has an intermittent problem (and often does not display that problem when the dishwashwer tech is here).
This is about 1 month out of warranty. I got Bosch to approve a 1 week out of warranty technician visit. But now it's doing the same problem again.

I open the door. I press power. It displays 2:09 Auto, as it should. But then it won't do anything else, it doesn't respond at all when I push buttons. It's just frozen. The tech replaced the keypad twice. And it's still doing the same thing.

I shut off that section in the fuse box for 10 minutes. I confirmed that it was off. When I turned the fuse back on it was still stuck at 2:09.

Dishwasher.malfunction.n01.v01.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Contact Bosch again and tell them it still does the same thing, even after the tech was there you should still have at least a 30 day warranty for what he/she did.

It sounds like possibly a bad control module:
00752741 Control Module

Jake

webmanoffesto

Premium Member
Hi,
Contact Bosch again and tell them it still does the same thing, even after the tech was there you should still have at least a 30 day warranty for what he/she did.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Does this video give you any more information, that might suggest what the problem is?
I think the "Control Module" (what I would call "the buttons") is what was replaced twice:

webmanoffesto

Premium Member
This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes when the tech comes the dishwasher works fine. Once he saw the buttons not working, so then he replaced the keypad / control module.

Why does shutting off the circuit breaker not allow me to "reboot" my dishwasher. When I turn the circuit breaker back on the dishwasher is still stuck in the exact same "2:09" with unresponsive keypad again.

This unresponsive-keypad event follows an unfinished wash load. It stopped about half way through. Then after that I got the unresponsive keypad.

Bosch tells me the process is that if I can get the repair dept at the store where I bought the dishwasher to say that they can't repair the dishwasher, then Bosch will request an opinion from a second repair service. And if that second repair shop says they can't fix it, then they "send the case to management". I wonder if this will need to be replaced. I really want this resolved. Do you have advice on how to navigate this process?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The control module I posted the link to above is your main control board, which is located in the bottom of your dishwasher.

I saw the video, it seems there is a delay before the keypads respond, it never used to delay before? Just out of curiosity on your next load, open the door and delay pushing the keypads for about a minute and see if they respond.

Jake

webmanoffesto

Premium Member
it seems there is a delay before the keypads respond, it never used to delay before?
I'm used to the keys working (or not) the way they do. Any delay is not noticeable to me now. Maybe the delay you notice is significant, but I don't know.

Just out of curiosity on your next load, open the door and delay pushing the keypads for about a minute and see if they respond.
Okay, I'll try that.

webmanoffesto

Premium Member
Update: The service technician was here about 3 weeks ago. He repaced the door latch. The keypad module (control module?) has already been replaced twice. Now I'm getting partially finished loads again.

A diary of one dishwasher load. Top is most recent.
4/12/19, 14:37, It stopped at 0:50. Why 0:50, when it said 0:29 before? I restarted it.
4/12/19, 13:38, It stopped at 0:29. I restarted
4/12/19, 13:06, It stopped at 0:50. I restarted
4/12/19, 7:34, It stopped at 0:59. I restarted it.
4/12/19, 6:40, Partial load, stopped at about 1:39, said "rinse". I restarted it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

BGP0

Update: The service technician was here about 3 weeks ago. He repaced the door latch. The keypad module (control module?) has already been replaced twice. Now I'm getting partially finished loads again.

A diary of one dishwasher load. Top is most recent.
4/12/19, 14:37, It stopped at 0:50. Why 0:50, when it said 0:29 before? I restarted it.
4/12/19, 13:38, It stopped at 0:29. I restarted
4/12/19, 13:06, It stopped at 0:50. I restarted
4/12/19, 7:34, It stopped at 0:59. I restarted it.
4/12/19, 6:40, Partial load, stopped at about 1:39, said "rinse". I restarted it.

I'm having the same problems. Did you figure out what was wrong? Thanks in advance.