SHX98M09UC/70 No voltage to intake valve

SteveJ

Premium Member
Model Number
SHX98M09UC
Brand
Bosch
Our dishwasher stopped filling so I focused my efforts on the fill valve (aka intake valve). The connector should read 120V after the initial drain pump cycle runs, but I'm getting nothing on my meter. The float switch is not stuck. I can manually actuate the float valve and make the drain pump run. Everything else on the unit seems to work properly, so I'm not quite ready to replace the control board. Is there anything else in the wiring between the control board and the intake valve that might be opening the connection and not allowing the 120V through?

Also, if the dishwasher is powered ON, I get 2V AC on my meter (even if the door is open and nothing is running), so there's obviously some source of voltage "upstream" of the intake valve. If I power the dishwasher off this "phantom voltage" goes to zero.

Thank for any nudges in the right direction.

SteveJ

Premium Member
So after fiddling around, unplugging and plugging things in, cleaning the float switch (which wasn't that dirty), the fill valve "magically" started working. I don't know if it's an intermittent problem, or if I somehow reset something on the control board by starting/stopping cycles and/or powering the unit off and back on. And while I'm glad it's working, I hate "fixing" a problem when I don't understand how I fixed it. But I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

Yes, that is odd. I would agree with you on the problem being the control unit.

Here's the control unit for your model:
00666091 Control Unit

Just keep your eye on it for awhile and see how it does.

Jake

SteveJ

Premium Member
Bummer. As soon as I slid it back into place and screwed everything back in... it doesn't spray. I'll grab one of those control boards and see how it goes.