• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Single Thermador oven thinks it's a double

karttyler

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Thermador
Hello! I have a single ~13 year old electric Thermador oven (model number plate is too dirty to read). When I try to turn on convection bake it gives the following error "Not available in lower oven". I had a technician come out several months ago to fix the same issue and he resolved it by pressing a series of buttons on the panel (no disassembly, no breaker reset), presumably to reset the oven and "remind" it that it's not part of a double system. He got the "code" from calling a Thermador help line that presumably I don't have access to. Whatever caused the issue initially must have happened again, and I would love to be able to reset it without paying for a service visit.

I would appreciate advice on how to diagnose and resolve this issue, if not permanently than at least temporarily.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Without a model number we're dead in the water. Even with the model number we still might be dead in the water. Thermador has made it impossible to get any service information or technical information on their machines. Most parts suppliers don't even carry Thermador parts. Thermador and a few others want to keep service and parts "in house". That's one way to keep their prices high.