SL84A305UC/30 Bosch is not completing cycle.

arke

Premium Member
Model Number
SL84A305UC/30
Brand
Bosch
My 15 year old Bosch dishwasher has serviced me well until last week. The machine is filling and washing but it will just continue to wash. It will not cycle to drain etc. The only way i can get it to drain is to simultaneously press the "Power Scrub Plus" and "Delicate / Econo buttons. It then drains and beeps. The cycle then ends. I read that this is not uncommon for Bosch dishwashers. Someone even stated that they have had success re-soldering a terminal on the mother board and changing a relay to a more heavy duty type. I have no problem repairing the machine however at some point there comes diminishing returns. If you are experienced with this machine, please help me answer the questions below, so I can determine whether or not to repair or replace.

1) Does my problem sound like a mother board?
2) If not what may it be?
2) If it is my mother board, does anyone have a source for another that will be reasonably priced?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Nothing comes up with that model number. Bosch machines are not very popular in my area so I don't see very many but I can answer your questions. It definitely sounds like a main board issue. Most techs don't repair boards because it's not cost effective. Sometimes I look for obvious problems like bad solder joints but that's about it. Purchase the part through a reputable parts supplier and check the return policy. There are a few places that rebuild boards.

arke

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. That's about what I thought. In your eyes, what is a good value quiet stainless steel dishwasher?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I would steer clear of Samsung and LG. Other than those New Years sales is coming up.