• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

SMC1132CS New Sharp Microwave Stopped Working

Joined
Jul 3, 2018
Messages
1
Location
PA
Model Number
SMC1132CS
Brand
Sharp
Age
Less than 1 year
Less than 2 months old, went to use it, and it just started flashing "zero's" ...... nothing else. I see others have had this happen too. I unplugged it and waited a couple of minutes and tried it again, same thing. I don't have a clue. I guess it goes to the Sharp warranty people for a fix.
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
23,618
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I guess it goes to the Sharp warranty people for a fix.
That would be best!
Don't dig into it yourself and void the warranty!

jeff.
 
Top