• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED SMH9187ST Microwave run but does not heat

dksagun

Premium Member
Model Number
SMH9187ST
Brand
Samsung
Microwave runs but no heat. Verified all the door switches work. All thermal sensors seem to be okay. I think one is normally open (KSD-40LC70). Please confirm. Verified 120VAC to the input of the high voltage transformer while the microwave is running, Check diode out of circuit and it is dropping 3.7 Volts, so I think that is okay. Suspect the magnetron at this point as the connectors are somewhat charred. See attached image. Anything else I should be looking at?IMG_1755[1].jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please only start and use 1 thread for this microwave, I see you started 3 threads on this.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No I can't, because I don't work on microwaves, only Jeff and Rick do.

Jake