Solution to rusty dryer grill?

shawnCA

Premium Member
Model Number
FAQG7077KA
Brand
Frigidaire
The grill at the back of our dryer got all rusty and was leaving marks on our clothes. So we purchased a new grill and got it replaced. It was fine for a few weeks and now the new grill is showing rust already. I don't think we have had anything sharp in the dryer that would cause the grill to chip. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Are you referring to the duct that connects to the heater housing? My first question is where did you get the replacement part? The second question is are you sure it's rust? The blower sucks the air across the heater or flame through that vent/duct. I wouldn't think moisture would be there long enough to cause any rust in just a couple weeks but I've been wrong before. I've seen the duct rust before but only after many years of use. Anyone leaving wet clothes in the machine?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops sorry Jake. I'm slow!

shawnCA

Premium Member
I got the replacement part (the one as pictured above) from AppliancePartsPros last month and had it installed. We have had this unit since 2010 and only last year did it start leaving marks. We thought maybe we put something in the dryer that caused the finish to chip off, but the new part is now starting to look the same way.

dryergrill.jpg tried to upload photo unsuccessfully but it looks just like the one in the link supplied by Jake above. I did call Frigidaire but they did not indicate any recall associated with this model.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd, I don't know what else to tell you.

Keep on top of Frigidaire about this, someone must know something.

Jake