• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

SOS! GOODMAN forced air gas heater not blowing heat into my house.

Piccolorangy

Premium Member
Model Number
cannot locate
Brand
-brand-
I'm very much hoping I can diagnose problem with the help of this amazing forum. FRUSTRATED I cannot locate model number. I've attached photos to show what I have access to. I shone a flashlight on the left side of the heater between the heater and the wall and there is absolutely nothing written/no model number sticker on that side. It also may be less than 5 years old, I'm not quite sure. I turn the thermostat on and I hear something rumbling and then in a minute or so, no sound and no heated air coming through my house vents.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I've worked on a few HVAC systems but not enough to diagnose a problem just by description. Remove the front panel(s) and look in there for a model number. It sounds like the blower is not turning on. That's where you should start your diagnosis. If the motor is humming but not running check the capacitor and motor. If you can come up with a model number I'll try to locate the wiring diagram. Even then I may not be much help.

Typically, furnaces, hot water heaters, central air, water softener systems, don't fall into the category of major home appliances. We use to have a HVAC tech that was excellent with these kind of problems. Unfortunately he passed on a few years ago and no one has replaced him. We try to do the best we can with our limited experience but it's not always enough experience.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
RepairClinic also has a HVAC help section that may point you in the right direction as well, and you can order HVAC parts from them directly and they do have HVAC videos that shows you how to replace most common parts:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Rick!

Jake