• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

sparking and flashing on kenwood microwave

nickcn

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1
Location
ripon
Model Number
km2001ta
Brand
-major brand-
Age
More than 10 years
Ive a Kenwood microwave and when I started it it flashed and sparked and a chip of metal fell from the 'ceiling' metal plate. Ive removed the chip of metal but its still seriously flashing. Any ideas?
 

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
24,054
Location
Ontario, Canada
Hi,

Wave guide is burnt, end of the magnetron is burnt and they are arcing and sparking against the liner.
More than likely new microwave time.

jeff.
 
Top