• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Speed Queen ST37CGI commercial gas dryer spins but will not heat

neekit

Model Number
ST37CGI
Brand
Speed Queen
Hello all,

I have a speed queen st37cgi commercial gas dryer at our motel business. The dryer spins but will not heat and if the igniter is placed in the bracket and turned on it will almost immediately spark and pop the breaker. We had someone come out a check everything for continuity and was told everything looks fine and has continuity. We have replaced the logic board, gas valve kit, igniters, igniter bracket assembly, and flame sensor. One of the gas burners has a small hole in it right under the tip of the igniter, I am not sure if that is new because the igniter has been sparking from trying to turn it on after trying different parts or if the hole has been there the entire time. I am not too familiar with this kind of stuff just have some minor knowledge from trying to find out what the problem with this dryer has been. It is a 1988 model so no one at alliance can help either or that is what I have been told. Any help is appreciated and I apologize beforehand for any misunderstanding on my end as I know little about this subject.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We have no tech data information on these commercial Speed Queen dryers, and all of us techs here are residential appliance techs. If no one can help you locally, then it's time to buy a new dryer.:)

Jake