• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Speed Queen Washer AWN432SP111TW01 not draining properly

KellyT0915

Premium Member
Model Number
AWN432SP111TW01
Brand
Speed Queen
My Speed Queen AWN432SP111TW01 has not been spinning the clothes out very well and it seems to have gotten worse this past use. My clothes are still soaked and I’m having to wring them out by hand. I do notice a very faint burnt rubber smell after the spin cycle. Any advice on what’s possibly wrong or does anyone know if there’s a manual out there so I can take the washer apart myself to troubleshoot.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Does the drain hose go directly into the drain pipe behind the washer?

All the water should drain out of the tub with 90 seconds, is it taking longer that? If so, I'd first remove the drain pump and check for something in it partially clogging it. Also check your belt and idler pulley. Unplug your washer first!

Here's the drain pump for your model:
205217P Direct Drive Water Pump

There is a video on how to access it here:

Amana and Speed Queen are basically the same washer.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

KellyT0915

Premium Member
Thank you for your quick response. Yes. The drain hose goes directly to the drain pipe. The water seems to mostly drain in that time frame other than my dripping wet clothes. I will attempt to get in there within the next few days when I get the chance. I’ll let you know when we get it figured out. Thank you again, very much! 🙂🙂🙂 I really do appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Kelly, sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

But please use a stopwatch to time how long it takes from start to finish for ALL the water to drain, that's very important for the spin cycle to wring the clothes out properly.:)

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.