• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Spin shaking, Whirlpool Washer WTW4816FW1

riguy99

Premium Member
Model Number
WTW4816FW1
Brand
Whirlpool
We have a 3 year old Whirlpool top load, WTW4816FW. Has started shaking badly during spin cycles.

From what I have learned here, it seems this is almost certainly due to suspension rod problems, and the suspension rods should be replaced.

Is this the correct repair kit? and legit place for true Whirlpool parts vs bad knockoff? Suggestion on vendor welcome

Any ballpark of how much this would likely cost if we had a repair firm come out and do it? From the video it seems within my handy skills, but time/annoyance isn't nothing (of course, there's time in finding and dealing with a repair guy too). Though since it's a $500-ish washer new, a service call hardly seems worth it unless its way cheaper than I'm guessing.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are absolutely correct.

The problem is the suspension rods and springs, seen this problem many times on my service calls.

But you need to get the OEM kit, the aftermarket kit at amazon and ebay will not fix it. We had two members buy this suspension kit on ebay and both DID NOT WORK, once they bought it from us it worked perfect.

Here's the OEM rods and springs kit for your model you can order:
W10780045 Suspension

For others following your thread--->This video shows you how to replace them, the part number in this video is for a slightly different model, but its same video to replace them for your model too:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Any ballpark of how much this would likely cost if we had a repair firm come out and do it?
About $180 to $200 to have a tech come out to do it.

Jake