• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Spray arms don't spin/spray GE Cafe Dishwasher CDT805P2N1S1

winterfyre

Premium Member
Model Number
CDT805P2N1S1
Brand
GE
Hello. I have a GE Cafe Dishwasher, model number CDT805P2NS1. It is about 3 years old. Recently, I noticed the dishes weren't getting cleaned, so I found and cleaned the filters per the owners manual, and that didn't help. I also noticed that occasionally the dishwashing pod was still in its holder and not dissolved. This seemed to be random - I ran the dishwasher several times while completely empty - sometimes the pod would dissolve and other times not (the pod door was always open after the cycle completed, regardless). If it matters, we have soft water. The drum/sides appear clean without deposits.

Last night we attempted to troubleshoot further and held the door open with a butter knife while watching the cycle. Water does come out and fill the tub, and the silverware basket sprayer appears to work fine. The spray appears to come from a plastic piece located beneath the lowest spray arm on the bottom of the dishwasher & sprays quite forcefully towards the center of the silverware basket. However, the spray arms never moved, and we never saw water coming out of them. Water does appear to drain normally after the cycle is finished.

Is it possible the hose that runs the water up to the sprayer arms is clogged with something? I wondered about the pump/circulation wash motor I saw mentioned in other posts in this forum, but with the sprayer for the silverware basket seeming to work, I am just not sure where to go from here. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot/diagnose further? Does anyone have a service manual I could access?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your missing a digit in your model number, read it from the model number tag, which is located inside the door on the tub frame.

Here's the results I get:
CDT805P2N0S1
CDT805P2N1S1
CDT805P2N2S1
CDT805P2N3S1

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15CmFe-hcufL5XUJPsqlEN3AzwDZ6z0M-/view?usp=sharing

Get into Consumer Error Mode on page 45, then on page 47 enter Service Mode and you will want to activate the Circulation Pump under where it says Load to Control--->LED blink #3.

See if the Circulation Pump comes on and runs for 2 minutes.

Then on page 56 is the No Circulation and Drain flowchart you will need to do if the Circulation Pump is not running.

The Wash Motor(aka Circulation Pump) assembly for your model:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

winterfyre

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
We entered Consumer Error Mode:
All LEDs were flashing to indicate the door was open.
The 7-segment display indicated software version was 66.
No error codes were reported.

Then we entered Service Mode.
We ran the Circulation Pump test.
The Circulation Pump ran for approximately 1 minute, paused for several seconds, and then ran for approximately 1 more minute. Total circulation pump test time was 2 minutes.

Any suggestions as to where we go from here? Thanks.

Cheryl

winterfyre

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Just wanted to be clear; we tested on Normal cycle with the door ajar with the door latch bypassed with a screwdriver, so we could see what is happening inside. What we saw was water spraying only out of the silverware plastic diverter plug and never out of any of the spray arms.

Cheryl

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Cheryl, Did you check the filter first: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Filter/WD12X25995/4962336

If your filter is not clogged, then you will need to remove the lower spray arm and remove the diverter and check for clogs in the diverter and also check your CHECK BALL to make sure its not stuck.

Read in the service manual on pages 59-62 it explains how to remove it and check for clogs.

Then page 66 shows you all the parts in your sump assembly, and page 67 shows you how to remove the lower spray arm.

Jake

winterfyre

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Yes, we checked and cleaned the ultrafine and fine filters.

Our dishwasher has a 4-port pressure diverter. We removed it, and we found a little bit of debris on the diverter top shaft that goes into the diverter plate. We removed the debris, reassembled the dishwasher and ran a cycle, opening the door at different points in the cycle and verified that the water was being redirected to all four positions. We noticed that when we closed the door and restarted the dishwasher, it would start (about 5 seconds) and stop (about 3 seconds) three times before continuing without us hearing the dishwasher start and stop to switch the diverter plate position. Sometimes it would start and stop four times, leading us to believe that either the diverter plate failed to rotate or the pressure diverter sensor misread the position.

Not sure if we should replace the diverter plate that contains the magnets as the magnets had a black residue around them or if any tests need to be done for the pressure diverter sensor to determine if the sensor senses the diverter plate position correctly or that the control board reads the pressure diverter sensor correctly.

What are your thoughts?

Cheryl

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member