• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Squealing Frigidaire Dishwasher FGHD2433KF1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportflyer

Premium Member
Model Number
FGHD2433KF1
Brand
Frigidaire
The dishwasher starts to squeal about 3/4 into the complete cycle. ie does not squeal during a large part of the cleaning cycle . How to determine whether its circulation pump or drain pump that's giving the problem.
TKs

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Watch this video below, does it sound like this one?

If it's the same noise when its in the wash cycle, then you will need to replace the circulation pump motor.

Here's the circulation motor for your model you can order:
154844101 Motor Assembly

There is a HOW TO video in the part link to it, that shows you how to access/replace it.

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
Yes it sounds like your video above. I was using the Quick wash cycle. I decided to carefully monitor the wash cycle carefully today and I noticed that the pump does not squeal at the start of the first wash cycle. At around 37 mins and into the 2nd cycle wash cycle the code Hd comes on ( Heat Delay) , shortly after that the squeal starts .

When the Hd led goes off the squeals stop . Same for every wash cycle after the first one. No squeals during the drain cycle. I also removed the bottom front cover so I can see the circulating pump and definitely the squeal is coming from the pump or whatever the pump is driving . So what do you think is going on? Is the water temp too low so Hd led is activated?

I will increase the water heater temp at the water tank to see whether the Hd lights come on at the next wash . I will also try a normal cycle instead of the Quick cycle . Any advise ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its that wash motor you will need to replace.

It has nothing to do with HEAT DELAY.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
Replaced circulation pump today. Easy job because the installer left long enough electrical cord and plumbing hoses so I did not have to remove them .
Everything now works fine with no squeals during all the wash cycles. Thank you so much.

BTW HD light still came on during the last 2 wash cycles , perhaps due to too cold water ? I already turned up the hot water temp to medium . Maybe I will try slightly hotter water for next time I run the washer just for test .

TKs again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new circulation motor fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Run the hot water at the sink before you start the dishwasher, that will flush all the cold water out.:)

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
I did that before starting the dish washer ( before and after replacing pump) but maybe still not hot enough? I will raise it some more for next wash. If HD light still comes on then maybe sensor or control board problem. BW where is the temp sensor located?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Water Temperature
Hot water is needed for best dishwashing and drying results. Water entering dishwasher should be at least 120°F (49°C) to give satisfactory results.
To check water temperature entering dishwasher:
--->Turn on hot water faucet nearest dishwasher for several minutes to clear cool water from pipes.
--->Hold a candy or meat thermometer in stream of water to check the temperature.
--->If temperature is below 120°F (49°C), raise the hot water heater thermostat setting.

Wash Cycle Selections
Cycle times are approximate and will vary with options selected. Hot water is necessary to activate dishwasher detergent and melt fatty food soils. An automatic sensor will check the incoming water temperature and, if it is not hot enough, the timer will be delayed for automatic water heating in the main wash of all cycles. This happens even when HI-TEMP WASH option has not been selected. When HI-TEMP WASH is selected, an even higher temperature will be guaranteed to handle heavier soil loads.

Hi-Temp Wash
When HI-TEMP WASH option is selected, the dishwasher heats water in the main wash to approximately 140°F (60°C). This increase in water temperature helps dishwasher detergent remove food grease and soil from dishes more effectively and aids in drying. This option is available in NORMAL WASH and TOP RACK. HI-TEMP WASH is automatically provided when HEAVY WASH cycle is selected.

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
If I raise the hot water tank temp high enough ( 1/2 way between medium and high setting) the HD light will remain off. However that will be too hot to keep on all the time and waste energy. So I am returning the temp. setting back to "medium" and let the Dishwasher do the heating . Everything else works fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.