Stain problem

islandantoinette

Premium Member

WHOW it is amazing the things I read about with the washing machine. Our regular non programmable no lock top, no high efficiency 2004 Top Load Kenmore just broke and we too did what so many people have done here. Went to Sears on Black Friday (now Thanksgiving night) to buy yet another Kenmore. This time a front loader with the steam and chime and all.
AKenmore 3.7 cu. ft. Steam Front-load Washing Machine in Silver. Manuf. Model # 41373 and Sears Item # 02641373000.
Really wanted the Samsung but they would not do the 12 week layaway on it. So we ended up with another Kenmore.
Our other one was perfect for 8 yrs. until a spring broke that make the spin go through the different gears faster and faster.
So we did some research and asking around and people seem to like the front loaders best and all say it gets your clothes cleaner. So when I read this I freaked. I am a retired RN no longer wear whites as in the old days but this was one of our worst night mares stains on your whites from washers. Now my husband is even concerned about his work clothes getting ruined by a "washer" that is supposed to wash them. So I sure hope we do not run into this problem. It is sure interesting see what kind of dilemmas people go through however. One can learn so much. I am SO HAPPY to hear Sears is being so GREAT about taking that one back and giving you another one. That in itself is a major hurdle! Keep us posted on how this gets resolved as I need to know what kind of soap/detergent to use too. My daughter who uses one at her friends suggested Melaluka only 1/2 a capful. She has the Whirlpool Duet but I have read they discontinued that now.

islandantoinette

Premium Member
Aloha All:

Back in here again. Thought I'd give you an update. Our Kenmore 80 series which we found out by my many days of work on it, cleaning gobs of black gook 2" think outside drum and drum casing and top etc. Found the leveling and suspension spring to be broken. So fixed it temporarily with zip lock ties 3 tied together to give the give but support that it needs to agitate and spins well too. OK so mean while went to Sears to again buy another Kenmore. We braved the Black Friday Thursday night crowds and I mean BRAVED!!! Here on an island where there is only 1 Sears, had to stand outside in the rain for half an hr. and I am disabled. But anyway they had lied to us on the phone (had at least a doz. calls trying to find out before we went what we could do what was available etc) and so unable to but the Samsung on 12 week layaway. So got the 41372 which is the silver colour. Same one as only in white is 41372. Steam, all the bells and whistles galore and also comes in Red. Ours is a discontinued model due to the colour, they had also discontinued the blue a while back.
I have spent days and hundreds of hours reading all about these washers, and also views countless videos on them from You Tube also. Amazing what you can learn!
While purchasing this I was told about your very problem with the round circle stains! I told him about you and he said he did not know what ever "happened" with that but it was solved. I told him FIND OUT I want to know to 1) tell you and 2) in case I have the problem too. I also talked to my daughter over on Oahu who uses a Dual Whirlpool one and she said they have found out the BEST cleaning soap to use is as you said WISK! Also they said they are now using Melaluka (sp) and only 1/2 cap. Also my daughter said you can't use a lot of detergent with these washers. I think that is the BIGGEST mistake people make using these front loader from ALL I have read and seen!!!! The less you use the BETTER in this case.
This will be hard for me to learn BUT after SEEING first hand a YOU TUBE video of the back brace that holds the drum in place and the SERIOUS amount of build up from using TOO much laundry soap I freaked! It made a big impression on me!
LESS IS BEST in these machines.
So lets keep each other updated on this and I hope to read any new results you have.
Also I too had to make a big fuss and call the manager to get the 12 week layaway on it as it was the LAST ONE! I was literally about ready to pass out they would not even bring me a chair I was dripping sweat, I have seizures, am diabetic, bladder problems you name it, Retired RN. Finally I told the mgr. LOOK DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS so we can get it! We have bought all our appliances over the years since 1986 at the Sears here! He said he didn't want the ambulance to come and have a scene on their "Thanksgiving Black Friday" so he fixed it up. Smart move on his part. Oh by the way I never did make it.
But won't go into that by the time I hit the bathroom I never made it to the toilet. And no one would let me go first. I asked! Only got a nasty reply! Times have changed here too!
So appreciate people helping people on line here like this.
Going to go look up what kind you ended up trading yours for as I'm curious.
Aloha Antoinette