• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Start/Stop Flashing on Kenmore Elite Dishwasher 665.13793K602

mkirpalani

Premium Member
Model Number
665.13793K602
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher 665.13793K602, Serial FU0505046

The Start/Resume light will flash mid way through a wash on any program, if I press start/resume then it typically completes the cycle.
Sometimes it will shut off all indicators and will not respond to button presses, then after some time it will automatically power back up in the flashing start/resume mode and again if I press start/resume it completes the cycle with no issues

I assume this behavior has something to do with the thermal sensor as when I opened the control panel I could see the previous owner had replaced the thermal fuse and there was a brown spot where the previous fuse must have blown ? I contacted the previous owner and he sent me and email stating that he got a replacement part from Amazon

Would replacing this with a genuine OEM part fix the issue described ?
What part # would I need and how much would this cost ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, it will.

Just to let others following your thread know: Whenever you replace the thermal fuse--->You ALWAYS have to use the OEM thermal fuse and You ALSO must install the new wires that come with the thermal fuse kit TOO, or it will cause the thermal fuse to keep blowing out continually.:)

Here's the OEM thermal fuse for your model(Video Included in part link)
W10258275 Thermal Fuse

RepairClinic ships to Canada:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.