• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Sub-Zero 650 refrigerator with intermittent warming of refrigerator (technician already came)

Status
Not open for further replies.

william13

Premium Member
Old sensor 30KΩ, new 30KΩ, I don't expect any change.
This makes no sense what I am about to say, but with the new thermister which reads 30,000 at 32 degrees, the fridge goes below the set point of 34 ie 28 degrees.
It sees these thermistors as different somehow. I've only changed one variable ie the thermistor and fridge is acting much different. Crazy.

william13

Premium Member
36 hour fu. Set point is at 38 and all thermometers at 36 degrees. Seems to be working excellently. Thank you for your guidance. I will remain miffed why it is fixed given "same specs of new vs old thermistor". I have one more observation that may or may not help future visitors to this site. My old thermistor read 8000 ohms at room temp. I could not find a lot of info on this except one or two references that it should have read in the 15000 range. Perhaps the "curve" of the old thermistor was off. I will never know.

Found this: achrnews.com/articles/111295-ice-breaker-testing-thermistors

But still a mystery

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You should start a new thread as this one is marked fixed.
Yes Paul is correct, @oxy55 I'm moving your posts to a new thread, and closing this thread.

Here is your new thread:

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.