• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Substitute for Permanent Press cycle with LG Washers and others

Badomen

Premium Member
Model Number
WT7100C
Brand
LG
What are customers using as a substitute/replacement cycle for "Permanent Press?" Our new LG washer has no PP cycle. What cycle, and combination
of modifiers is closest to PP?

Joseph1

Premium Member
This is an entry level model, which does not have a Perm Press cycle. We bought it not noticing its limited cycles, so we called LG about Permanent Press. LG said there is no equivalent cycle, or modifiers for a different cycle to get Perm Press on this model. The cycle modifiers for most brands with a Perm Press/Wrinkle Control cycle are Warm water, Medium spin speed, and Low soil level, but I'm not sure which cycle would control wrinkles. We actually returned it because of its limited wash cycles, and went with Kenmore 31312 top loader, which has a Wrinkle Control option. We like it a lot.

Also, I saw your other question. The washer does need to be balanced/leveled! It will likely move around quite a bit during a high spin speed if it isn't leveled.

Robert4

Premium Member
Do you have a Casual cycle on that model? My manual for my Kenmore says that for perm press you should use the Causal cycle. It uses the same modifiers listed above.